Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Connection Time {January 2018}

 Welcome to the first Connection Time Post of 2018!   If you are new here, this is one of my favorite posts because it gives us a chance to sit down and hang out.  Last night, I went out to dinner with some sweet friends and it is my heart to kind of recreate that here.  I know we can't all go out to dinner together (how awesome would that be?) but, we can gather here, on this little old blog and create some community and even make a new friend.

Basically, how it works is I share a few things going on around here and then answer some quick questions (the same ones every month) and then you pick one or all and join in the fun down there in the comments, or on Facebook, or on Instagram

So, let's chat!  Go grab a cup of coffee or tea and come join me. 

First of all tomorrow is February.  I'm kind of just trying to catch up from Christmas and yikes.  The kids even pointed out the other day that summer is right around the corner.  Wowzers!  It's been a whirlwind month of fun, adventure, yummy recipes, and even a sick kid. 
 Last week, we surprised the boys and went to Disneyland for a few days.  It was wonderful.  We ate all the important things that you eat when at Disneyland (Dole Whips and Beignets) and rode as many rides as we could get in (which was a lot!). 

 This picture was actually from our December trip down to UCLA.  The Starbucks in Westwood had this above one of the seating areas and I just loved it.  First of all, I just love a good game of scrabble and second, Pour your heart into it.  It's a wonderful quote and it is serving me as a reminder this year, as I say no a little more, so that I can honestly pour my heart into things that I need to.  I've already said my first no and man, was that hard.  It was necessary, though.

Now for the questions, let's do this!

Outside my window It is so sunny!  I think it might start getting in the 80's this weekend, which is great since I have some outdoor activities planned for Weston's birthday.  There is also a ton of lemons on my tree and I need to start baking and juicing.  I think some lemon curd is in order!

I am thinking all things Lego.   Weston turns 7 tomorrow and it's just crazy.  There is lots to do before his Saturday because I procrastinate way too much!  But, I'm thinking that a Hallmark movie and some crafting are up next. 

From the kitchen
I have bread dough rising for later.  I made this coffee cake and it's amazing.  It's not too sweet and perfectly peanut buttery!  Jon was so excited some was left over!

I am wearing  my favorite skinny jeans, a white tank top, and this hooded zip up sweatshirt

I am creating
Lots of Lego themes stuff for Weston's Lego party.  I can't wait to show you.

I am going
absolutely nowhere.  I have two days to stay at home and get things done.  Seriously, I am so excited!  I love these days because I can just get things done and it really is the best! 

I am reading
nothing at the moment.  But, I am going to be starting a new Bible Study next week and then the She Reads Truth Lent study starts on February 12th. I think after this week a fiction book is going to be opened.  My brain needs a break!

 
I am hoping
I can get everything done that I need to accomplish. 

I am hearing
the heater just kicked on, other than that it is so quiet, with the kids at school and Jon at work.  I am savoring it because in a few hours there will most likely be tired, whining, and homework.  Bleh. 

Around the House
there are a few Christmas things I forgot to take down (oops!), clean clothes that need to be put away, and party stuff piling up! 

One of my favorite things
I wrote last week about those micron archivial pens.  Seriously the best things ever.  However, going on adventures are my absolute favorite things and last week just really filled my cup. 

A few plans for the week
party prep, party prep, and a few things that need to happen for our new Bible Study starting next week.   If you are local, my friend Dorina is going to be teaching her new study, Flourishing, at the The Bridge Fresno.  You should join us! 

What I am listening to
right now, I am in the mood for some old hymns, so Wow Hymns is playing in Itunes.  I've also been listening to Johnnyswim and the new Rend Collective a lot lately.  And of course, the Greatest Showman soundtrack. 

Also. . . a few quick questions:

1.  I am planning for next months blog posts, what do you want to read about?

2.  Would you like me to do some live connection times ever either on Facebook or Instagram?  Let me know your thoughts about this? 

 Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...