Friday, June 08, 2018

Finding Time For God's Word in the summer

 We made it.  Summer has officially began at our house and I am jumping up and down with joy.    It has been a wild and crazy month with a full calendar and  I think we are all done.  I know I am not the only one because I see your posts, sweet friends. I know you are tired of getting up and and going through the morning routine and hoping and praying that you make it to school on time. . . with shoes on. Everyone is tired.  Teachers, students, parents.  Summer is here.  (If you are already on vacation. . . Congratulations, you made it!). 

With summer here, so many things come to an end.  Whether you are a working mom or not, there is a sweet change of pace once summer vacation hits.  Pool days, late nights, adventures, camps and binge watching tv or cozying up to a good book are a warm welcome change of pace from the hustle of the school year. 

During the normal school year, I love the consistent time in God's word that comes from being involved in a Bible Study.  However, once summer hits and our normal routine and accountability comes to an end, I tend to find it more difficult to take that time to open God's Word up.  I think that's why I love She Reads Truth Bible Studies

The goal of She Reads Truth is to get women into the word every single day.  I love that!  I don't know about you, but I am a much better person and a much better mom when I am in the Word daily.  There is no way I would survive summer without my time in God's Word.  I love that you can pretty much do this Bible Study for free or for a minimal cost through the app.  (the books are a little more, but so worth it if you are doing it in a group!)

It is the simplest thing.  Read some scripture, take some notes and journal, and read a devotional that goes along with the scripture.  It is completely relevant and does not graze the surface which makes it perfect!  The best thing about the summer one is that that you can grab some friends together and talk about what you learned or were challenged by.  Add coffee and it's one of my favorite things about summer. 
This summer, She Reads Truth has put together a wonderful 6 week study through 1st and 2nd Corinthians.  It has technically started already, but since schools are just now getting out around here and we have vbs next week, we are starting in a week.  It's super flexible and I love the opportunity to get together with some of my favorite people and dig into God's word over coffee.  I should also mention that it is beautifully designed and there are even recipes.  All things that make my heart go pitter patter! 

Staying in God's Word during the summer is essential to my sanity.  My attitude is way better and my patience is a lot higher.  I'm pretty sure I am much better person when I am spending time with God.  That being said, I am also a better mom.  Which is good because it's summer vacation and the kids are home all day long. 

Wanna know something cool?  They also have a 1st and 2nd Corinthians study for men and kids!  How cool is that!  You can check it out here.

I know there are lots of other options out there.  Let me know how you are digging into scripture by commenting below.  Let's keep each other accountable, grow closer to God, and keep our sanity over the summer! 

(please note that this opinions are completely my own because I really, REALLY love these studies!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...