Thursday, March 14, 2019

Cheerful Quilt

I have a problem with starting projects and never finishing them.  This quilt is just that.  I bought the fabric for this quilt when Ethan was 4.  (He's now 10).  It was this cute charm pack by Moda with elephants and alligators, crossword puzzles, and handwriting pages with bright, vibrant colors.  One charm pack was not going to be enough for the quilt I had in mind, so I grabbed some fabric from my stash and added more rectangles. 

For several years, stacks of rectangles sat in a bag just waiting to be finished and every now and then I would sew a row or two.  Yet, it just kept sitting there.  All that time, Ethan was slowly growing out of the fabric we had chosen for his quilt.  Mom Fail.  Oops! 
Then, Weston's teacher had a baby and I was going to make a quilt for her and I remembered this fabric just sitting around.  Ethan was completely okay with it because he really didn't want a baby quilt.  So, I got to work and finished the top before Christmas and in between working on Weston's birthday party finished it up!
 I love the bright colors with sandwiched between white stripes and then the bold black and white border.  I machine quilted both sides of each seam, which is so easy!  Straight lines are my jam!  I went with an easy binding, using the backing to bind the quilt.  You can find a tutorial here

This ended up really easy quilt to make and probably would have gone really fast if I hadn't been so distracted with other projects and family fun!  Ha ha!  








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...