Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Carrot Raisin Muffins like Mimi's


My favorite thing about going out for breakfast is Mimi's Cafe. It's really the only place that we go for breakfast foods. . . plus it is quite tastey! I always get something that comes with their fresh squeezed orange juice and a muffin. I used to order the blueberry, because that was my favorite. Then, one day, I got brave and tried the carrot raisin. . . it is now the best muffin on earth. Since, I can't eat at Mimi's every day I went on a search for a recipe that came close to the delciousness of Mimi's Cafe muffins. I have now made this recipe twice and it is so great! I make it muffin style. Next time I make them, I will have to post a picture.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar

3 eggs

1/4 cup molasses

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup shredded carrot

1 cup raisins

3/4 cup chopped walnuts



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.

3. In another bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, molasses, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add shredded carrot and mix. Add raisins and walnuts and mix well by hand.

4. Pour flour mixture into the other ingredients and stir until combined.

5. Pour batter into two ungreased 8-inch loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes, or untildone. Makes 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...