Monday, July 27, 2009

Cookie Challenge - Week 6

So, it's the end of the month and this week's cookies are using what's left in the cupboards without going to the store. I was researching oatmeal cookies from different baking blogs (because I had plenty of oatmeal in the pantry) and found that the basic Quaker Oat recipe seems to be truly the best. So, what else could I do, but try to make it just a tad better. I used the regular recipe, but plumped the raisins (see note at bottom) and them into melted chocolate (sorry. . . I really needed my chocolate fix this week!) I also really enjoy the taste of cinnamon, so I added about a half teaspoon more to the mix.

You can find the recipe here.

These are dipped in chocolate.

I still had some cookies left and was running out of chocolate to dip it into, so I scooped some into a sandwich bag, cut off the tip and drizzled them with chocolate.

The judge (aka my hubbie) said that the drizzled ones look the best, but the dipped give the choice of chocolate of plain with every bite. For the record, he took one of each. :)

To plump your raisins: Heat water in your teapot. Measure out your raisins in a glass dish. Pour boiling water over raisins to immerse in water. Let stand for a couple of minutes. Drain water and your raisins should be plumped! I will also note that Jon did notice that the raisins were plumper and he liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...