Tuesday, July 28, 2009

mmmm. . . fresh bread

I guess yesterday I was in the baking mood. I found this recipe for Foccacia bread on a random website. I had all the ingredients (well close to. . I will explain later) and decided to make this to accompany our dinner (browned butter and Mizithra cheese pasta) and to suprise Jon. I am posting it because it was just that good!

A few months ago, I borrowed my mom's bread maker and I am having so much fun with it, and after discovering this recipe it is going to be even harder to give it back. As I mentioned earlier I had all the ingredients except italian seasoning. I did, however, have all the ingredients to make Italian seasoning and used freshly chopped garlic. I also used finely ground sea salt for my salt choice.
Basic Foccacia Recipe

1 cup water, warm
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons salt
5 teaspoons Italian seasoning, heaping
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine. Program for Dough or Manual, and press Start.
At the end of the cycle, remove the dough from the machine and punch it down. Roll it out to form a rectangle, and transfer it to a cookie sheet, 10 x 15-inch to 12 x 18-inch. Pat the dough into the pan. Make indentations in the dough with your fingertips, about an inch apart, and drizzle sparingly with olive oil.
Plain focaccia can be topped with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Other toppings may include browned onions, fresh minced garlic, goat cheese, pesto, fresh sage and bacon, potatoes and rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese, olives, or any combination of those or other ingredients of your choice.
Allow the focaccia rise for 30 minutes to an hour. Bake the focaccia in the preheated 450*F (230*C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and serve.
Makes 6 to 10 servings.
Source: http://www.cooksrecipes.com/bread/basic-focaccia-bread-machine-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...