Friday, July 31, 2009

Another baking post


According to my blog, it appears that all I am doing is baking. I promise you. . . that it is not all as it appears. . . I have been so busy with many incredible projects. Most of which will be posted at a later time (I can't even tell you what they are and I really, really want to!).

I am, however, going to share this new muffin recipe with you. I found this recipe at the Joy of Cooking website several months ago and finally had all the ingredients to make them. I sent them over to my friend Stacy's house and only had one. . . this is definitely a recipe I want to make again. . . soon!

Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
zest of one lemon
1 cup plain yogurt (they recommend not using fat free, but I used non-fat and they turned out perfect)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Lemon glaze (optional)

1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners or spray with non stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together flour, poppy seeds, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in zest, yogurt, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened. Don't over mix. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 18 to 2o minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle with glaze.

I made my glaze and put it in a zip lock bag and cut off a corner for easy drizzling.

This recipe says it makes 12 muffins, but I was able to make 17 muffins.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...