Thursday, September 24, 2009

English Toffee Bars

Let me just say that despite the fact that today is projected to reach triple digits and yesterday marked the first day of Fall, I am making fall foods in hopes that the temperatures may drop (I know. . . we live in California. . . wishful thinking, right?). I found this recipe on the Hershey website and ohhhh, it is pretty darn good! Very gooey and yummy. . . the perfect get in the mood for fall snack (which was later accompanied by a slice of pumpkin pie compliments of my friend, Amelia). When I printed the recipe out, I noticed that the skill level was leveled at advanced. . . trust me. . . this recipe is sooooooo easy! If you can follow directions, you will have no problems!



Okay for the recipe you will need a 13x9x2 inch pan. You don't need to grease it, which is nice. But, I didn't want to take my chances, so I lined it with parchment paper.



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.



Ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1 cup light brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup pecan halves, 1 cup chocolate chips, 2/3 cup butter and 1/3 cup light brown sugar.

Directions:
Combine flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until fine crumbs form. I used my food processor and pulsed. . . it took about 15 seconds to do this.
Press mixture into bottom of your baking dish. Sprinkle pecans over top.
Prepare toffee topping by combining 2/3 cup butter and 1l/3 cup brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it starts boiling. Allow it to boil for 30 more seconds and then, pour over your crust.
I doubled my toffee topping, because I felt that It didn't cover enough of the crust for my taste.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with chocolate chips (I may have used the whole bag?). Cool completely, cut into bars, and enjoy!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...