Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine fun

I love Valentine's Day! I love all the paper crafts and possibilities that paper and creativity can make! As much as I don't want my little one to grow up, I just can't wait to sit with him and help him make his own Valentine's.
I found this idea on a blog and just couldn't stand not making it. . . it was so easy! All you need are boxes of conversation hearts, printed scrapbook paper, and this printout. I didn't make the ear buds, but they looked cool too! If you search google images for Ipod, they have an awesome heart graphic that I copied to make bag cover for my treats.
Now, I needed a reason to make these cool valentine's, so, since my husband and I hosted dinner for our Sunday School class Progressive Dinner, I thought that they would make great favors for each of my guests.
So, I place them on the place setting like so. . . which in my opinion made it look finished.

I do also have to say that during the dessert portion of the evening, I was sitting on a couch talking with my friends Steph and Denise, and they pulled out there cameras to show off their nicely set tables. . . I could also pull out mine, because I, too, took pictures of my table. I was so glad that I was not the only crazy one who takes pictures of how I set my table for special events.
We had 6 other fun couples join us for dinner. I went super easy for dinner and made heart shaped raviolis that I found at Costco with white and red sauce, French bread and salad. Super easy, but I really liked the theme of Valentine's Day!

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...