Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I almost forgot . . .

I can't believe that I have had this pictures sitting in a file (very ready to post) and I completely forgot! I think it's even more sad that I was so excited to share this incredible recipe with you . . . 2 weeks ago! So, here I am, my second post of the day. . . just so you can join me in the deliciousness of this recipe.

Okay, so this is a bad picture (sorry).
I have recently became an self proclaimed addict of Panera Bread's Cobblestone muffin. . . it is so stinkin' delicious. Since, I just don't have the finances to eat there every day (does anybody?), I went on a quest to find a similar recipe. My search ended here with this yummy version of Panera's famous yeasted muffin. I don't think I had ever made a yeasted muffin. . . I've made cinnamon rolls, but no muffin. So, I had to try this and quick. Let me just say that these were easy. . . a little time consuming, but super easy. They also don't last very long. . . and you may just have to give up your diet to eat these. (There's no dieting in our home. . . just healthy food and daily exercising. . . so that we can indulge in these lovely muffins every now and then).
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Muffins
(adapted from Joy the Baker)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 cup lukewarm water (may need up to 1 or 2 tablespoons more)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
handful of golden raisins (optional)
more flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon for dusting

Step #1: I totally cheated. . . the original recipe calls for you do sit and do all the kneading and bread making yourself. Call me lazy, but I perfer to try out my bread maker for this. . . and it worked! So, combine warm water, flour, olive oil, salt and yeast into your bread maker. Set the machine to dough setting and let it do the work! (trust me it's great!). Oh yeah, I also through in a few sprinkles of cinnamon into the dough for extra flavor.
Step #2: In a bowl, combine butter, sugars, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, and raisins. Using a fork, work it together until you have a crumbly mixture.
Step #3: Roll out finished dough and cut little pieces and throw them into a bowl with cinnamon and sugar. . . toss until evenly coated with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Step #4: Use liners. . . (or not. . . but call me lazy. . . it saves on the mess and makes the much easier to pull out with out destroying the masterpiece).
Step #5: Put 3 to 4 dough pieces in bottom of each liner. Squish them together and sprinkle crumb mixture over top. Repeat with more dough and again with crumb mixture. You should have a total of 4 layers.
Step #6: Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before taking them out of the pan. . . unless you want to indulge yourself right away. . . which was me the day I made these.
Step #7: Pour yourself a glass of cold milk and sit and enjoy these yummy yeasted muffins. . . you worked hard. . . enjoy them. . . then go and run a couple of miles (or not!).
Enjoy these. . . please. . . they are delicious! If you want to make them without the bread maker and see the original recipe go visit Joy, the Baker.
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...