Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A yummy treat without all the work: Cinnamon Roll Muffins

My family loves cinnamon rolls.  When I say love, it really should be in all caps, bold, and maybe up the size a bit.  Sunday mornings are always Pillsbury or previously homemade so my husband can get them in the oven and I don't have to worry about it.  Ethan gets very concerned as Sunday draws near if we don't have any in the fridge.  We all aren't that big on breakfast, but know we need to eat, so muffins, scones, and quick bread usually around, but often the biggest hit when it resembles a cinnamon roll of some sort.  I think that's why this recipe caught my eye.
mmmm.  cream cheese frosting.  cinnamon and brown sugar.   NO YEAST.  

yep.

these babies don't take hours to make.  You can wait to the last minute and in about 30 minutes (start to finish) you can have a wonderful breakfast. . . or dessert.  Or even a treat for your Christmas brunch at Bible Study (totally speaking from experience here!).  

I took a huge risk making these last night and not trying them until I got to Bible Study.  But, they were good.  Even better this afternoon when I had one for an afternoon snack and heated it in the microwave. . . warm cinnamon rolls are always the best!  
Are you ready to run to your pantry and check your pantry for the ingredients?  No worries. . . they are all things that you can easily find in your pantry.  

Cinnamon Roll Muffins
adapted from Recipegirl

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 lg. egg beaten slightly
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Swirl:
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Note:  I didn't measure this part at all.  

Frosting:
2 oz cream cheese, at room temp
3/4 tbsp butter, room temp
splash of milk (to get desired consistency)
3/4 tbsp powdered sugar (I didn't measure this either)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line your favorite muffin tin.  I used mini muffins.  

In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients .  Slowly add milk and egg, butter and vanilla.  Stir until just combined.  Mix in swirl ingredients and gently stir them into the batter. . . remember not to over stir your mix.  

Bake for about 20-30 minutes (less for mini, more for regular sized muffins).  

Mix together frosting and spread over your muffins once they have cooled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...