Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Goodness: Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies and more!

I absolutely get all giddy when October rolls around.  It means my scarecrow man gets to come out of hiding we can start the Holiday celebrations!  I could do with all the bloody, gutsy stuff but I love it.  Even if it means lots of sugar and crazy kids.  It's ALL fun (I tend to wipe out tired, post sugar meltdowns from my memory. . . because let's be real here: with kids it happens).  I love the pumpkins, the scarecrows, the fall colors, the pumpkin spice lattes. . . oh, it warms me up with happiness.

Now, we come to today.   I am probably the most unprepared mom ever.  As I am typing this, I should probably be working on my oldest son's costume. . . which was last minute because I didn't get my butt in gear for a Peter Pan costume to come to life.  Oh well.  We will get to it.  The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of illness, husband gone, and craziness.  So, last night, I made up for all lack of motivation and procrastination.
We carved our pumpkins.  They turned out so cute!  We didn't do anything fancy, but we had fun continuing our annual tradition.
Then, after the kids were tucked snuggly into bed, I dug into a bag of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses.  And got almost caught up on this season of Once Upon A Time. It's how I roll.  
I also worked on these nifty treat bags for Ethan's class party today.  I am in love with the way they came out!  Super cute!  I used the dicut for the Big Shot for the base/face.  And then used my scalloped bunch and circle punches to do the trick.  I couldn't find my smaller circle punch so I broke out my Cricut to get the eye balls the perfect size. . . which took some serious creativity (I used the eyeballs for the racoon on the It's a Hoot cartridge)!
Then, for the teachers, I melted all those Hershey kisses (don't worry, I didn't really consume the whole bag. . . I actually had some of my favorite ice cream) and made the most amazing Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies.  I really wasn't sure how they were going to turn out, but seriously they tasted just like Pumpkin Pie.  I am hoping I still find the bags tomorrow because I want to make some for Thanksgiving and I am not sure if they keep them around that long.  

So, if you are looking for something yummy to make for your Halloween festivities tonight, I highly recommend these. . . they take about 5 minutes (starting after you unwrap all those beautifully wrapped foil kisses).  

Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies

Ingredients:
5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
1 bag of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers

Directions:
1.  Unwrap all those Hershey kisses (try not to eat all of them).
2.  Stick in a microwave bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time.  
3.  Pour rice chex into a large bowl.  Pour melted kisses over the top and very carefully mix them together (the goal is not to crush the chex, but to coat them nicely). 
4.  Transfer to a large zip lock bag and add powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs.  Zip it up and give it a good shake, toss, or juggle until each piece of cereal is now coated evenly with melted chocolate, and powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs.  
5.  Pour chex cereal out on a cookie sheet for about an hour so that the candy can set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...