Now, we come to today. I am probably the most unprepared mom ever. As I am typing this, I should probably be working on my oldest son's costume. . . which was last minute because I didn't get my butt in gear for a Peter Pan costume to come to life. Oh well. We will get to it. The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of illness, husband gone, and craziness. So, last night, I made up for all lack of motivation and procrastination.
Then, for the teachers, I melted all those Hershey kisses (don't worry, I didn't really consume the whole bag. . . I actually had some of my favorite ice cream) and made the most amazing Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies. I really wasn't sure how they were going to turn out, but seriously they tasted just like Pumpkin Pie. I am hoping I still find the bags tomorrow because I want to make some for Thanksgiving and I am not sure if they keep them around that long.
So, if you are looking for something yummy to make for your Halloween festivities tonight, I highly recommend these. . . they take about 5 minutes (starting after you unwrap all those beautifully wrapped foil kisses).
Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies
5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
1 bag of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
1. Unwrap all those Hershey kisses (try not to eat all of them).
2. Stick in a microwave bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
3. Pour rice chex into a large bowl. Pour melted kisses over the top and very carefully mix them together (the goal is not to crush the chex, but to coat them nicely).
4. Transfer to a large zip lock bag and add powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Zip it up and give it a good shake, toss, or juggle until each piece of cereal is now coated evenly with melted chocolate, and powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
5. Pour chex cereal out on a cookie sheet for about an hour so that the candy can set up.