Thursday, March 10, 2016

Let's have coffee and chat. . .

This is me.  Having coffee and chatting with you, because it's been a few weeks since my last post (sorry about that, by the way!).  It's spring here and with that came full blown allergic mess.  I had the worse cough and all I did was sit around and drink tea.  I felt completely fine except for the breathing part. . . that was hard.  So, I didn't function for about a week. . . I kept the kids alive. . . that's really all that mattered.  And so, once I did feel better, my house was a complete disaster!  So, I spent last week digging myself out of the mess that had established itself during my state of ick.  So, now, here I am trying to get back into the swing of things and get things blogged.  I have a long list now of things to share with you.  So, here's some things that have been on my mind. 
I attempted macarons today.  This was my second attempt. . . this time chocolate.  They didn't quite come out right, but they taste wonderful.  The ones I made before Christmas were almost perfect.  I should find that recipe and try again with those. These ones are chocolate with a chocolate buttercream.  So.Very.Delicious.  I normally like the look (and taste) of ganache, but I was out of heavy whipping cream, and really wasn't in the mood to run to the store. 
Have you heard of Ello glass bottles?  I have a few and they are amazing.  But, I am really more of a straw and lid kind of girl, becuase it's a whole lot easier to drink as I am walking around the house (you really don't want to see me drink and walk at the same time. . . it's not pretty!).  I got super excited when I saw that they had finally came out with a straw bottle (I find them at Target. . . because I kind of live there. . . ha ha ha).  It's definitely not perfect, but it works just for at home.  The lid is not super secure, so if you like to toss it in your bag. . . probably not a great idea.  I keep mine on my kitchen counter so when I walk by, I can drink.   I am horrible at drinking water and this helps me. . . especially when I put fruit in it. 
Target (seriously. . . I may have a problem!) started carrying Ben & Jerry's dairy free ice cream and it's delicious.  I was kind of dissapointed, because they use chocolate with soy, so Weston can't partake. . . but more for me!  It is really good! 
And finally, we started a new study this week and it's written by my friend Dorina!  I am looking forward to seeing and understanding the Glory of God better. 

Okay, so now that I have chatted your ear off, I am going to go and get dinner ready. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...