Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi day pie

I'm sure that you all have heard by now that it's that day that makes math fun and worth eating pie for.  I think it gets more and more popular each year because PIE!!!  Seriously, it's also potato chip day, did you know that?  Probably not, because it's PIE day!!!  It's a big deal in our house, because my hubby is a math guy and well. . . mathies (is that a word?) do Pi!  

This year's pie is awesome!  My husband said it was really good . . . and rich.  So, if you are looking for something quick, easy, and richly delicious, you've come to the right place!  I actually made this pie Saturday for a memorial service (there was a ton of pie!).  

And because it's Monday and my body is exhausted from a fun weekend & that horrible time change, I am just going to let the pictures speak for themselves.  But, really this pie is awesome and it's easy and you could totally whip it up right now and impress your family with awesomeness. . . oh and this would be super tasty with a big scoop of vanilla on the top. . . just sayin'! 




Did you make a pie?  Or eat potato chips?  Comment in the comments! 

Chocolate Chip Pie
From Nestle

Ingredients:
9 inch pie crust
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.  Beat eggs in a mixer on high until foamy.  Beat in flour and sugars.  Beat in softened butter.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spoon into pie shell. 

I used a frozen pie shell I found at Target for this recipe because I didn't want to worry about losing my pie dish.  You can also use the roll out dough. . . or if you want to make it a little bit harder, make your own crust. 

Bake for 55 minutes. Cool on wire rack. 

Other pies ideas 
Peanut Butter Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Skillet Apple Pie
Apple Danish Cheesecake
Brownie Truffle Cups
Strawberry Rhubarb hand pies





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...