Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

In many ways I feel like I am in a funk. Well, maybe I am. . . this week, anyways. It's been a crazy week, but I think we are recovering nicely. I am currently in the process of getting the 2011-2012 MOPS year started. I think I am going to have a great steering team (all of them are new to leadership this year). I also have quite a few things on my to-do list, but they are little things . . . so are quickly marked off (hooray for that!). I have been so tired lately, but that's because we have had several late night's in a row combined with an infant who has started to roll over in his sleep and then wakes up crying and my husband's cough (thank goodness for antibiotics!).

So, due to the lack of motivation, the exhaustion, and the strong desire to just be lazy, I am going to share with you a recipe I found awhile back. I made this pie for my friend, Stephanie, and her family after the birth of their little boy, Tanner (Weston now has a friend!). It was so yummy! I know her mom had mentioned she wanted the recipe and seriously, I forgot. . . until now. So, here's to peanut butter and summer! (this is great, because no oven in required!)
This pie is so creamy and yummy! I cheated and didn't make my own crust. Keebler started coming out with deep dish already prepared graham crusts and that just saved me some time and came with it's own pie dish. . . perfect when making a meal for someone else!

Peanut Butter Pie
adapted from Baked Bree

Ingredients:
1 deep dish Keebler graham cracker crust
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup peanut butter
4 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (I used mini)

Directions:
Whip whipping cream with electric mixer. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Use your electric mixer and cream together. Add vanilla. Fold the whipped mixture into the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pour into pie crust. Refrigerate for about 4 hours and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. oh this is making me sooooo hungry for dessert! it think this might have to be a dessert for small group one of these weeks.. . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...