Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yellow & Grey {mops}

The annual MOPS planning retreat has once again come to my house and I had so much fun planning and preparing for this event. One of my favorite jobs as coordinator is finding ways to bless my steering team. . . and do it for fairly cheap! This year, the retreat took place on 3 consecutive Monday's and so the decore has been up for a few weeks. . . it is super fun to look at each time I set up! This Monday, is the final meeting (and most fun. . . if you ask me!). I found my inspiration from here and here.
I was going to do more, but decided to go with the simpler version since it was not a 2 day retreat, but spanning over 3 Mondays. I used this paper pad to make everything for the retreat (when they are on sale at JoAnn's, it is an awesome deal. . . cheaper than buying individual pieces of scrapbook paper at a scrapbook store).
The bunting is made of scrapbook paper. I used MS word shapes and made a diamond as my template and traced it on the back of my 12x12 sheet of paper. I was able to get 4 flags out of each one. My string was crochet yarn and I used double stick tape to adhere it to the yarn.
I found an amazing selection of yellow candy between Target and Powell's Candy Store. I used lemon meringue salt water taffy, Dove chocolate with caramels, Butterfingers, yellow M&M's, yellow and white candy sticks, Vanilla Oreo cookies, lemon drops, and cream puffs.
The first night, I made meringue cookies (recipe to be posted later) and pretzels dipped in white chocolate with a yellow drizzle. The second and third nights, we had white cake balls with yellow sprinkles (to be posted later).
We also had a lemonade bar, with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. It turned out delicious!
It was so much fun doing this yellow themed retreat! I look forward to sharing with you other things from the retreat! I am really excited about our Theme verse for the year. . . 1 Timothy 1:7, from the message. Go check it out. . . I will be talking about it a lot soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...