Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Monday?

Nope. . . it's not. . . it's Tuesday. Man, am I off! 3 day weekends always throw me off. . . especially this one, because it was a 5 day weekend for us! The hubby took Thursday off to let me sleep off the bug that hit me hard on Wednesday (so very thankful for him!). After a late night last night, it was back to the daily grind this morning. But, I was really excited because I was able to meet with the a new MOPS coordinator at another local church. I love any excuse to make something new, but I really feel that inviting someone into your home, making them feel welcome, and having something for them to eat is a way to serve others. I love hospitality. I love serving others in this way. I think opening up your home and offering food and conversation is a great way to show God's love.

Last night was a late night and my scone idea went out the window, because I was too tired to grate my butter and make a mess. I went to bed instead. Yep. . . the bed was calling my name and I wasn't going to fight it. So, I got up this morning and made these muffins. . . and boy, were they yummy! I wish I would have gotten a picture of Ethan licking the cinnamon and sugar off the top! He even went to get another one, to eat more of the topping.
Cinnamon-Buttermilk Muffins
adapted from Williams-Sonoma

Ingredients:
7 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

2/3 cup sugar
1 tbs cinnamon
6 tbsp butter, melted

Directions:
:: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
:: Combine butter and sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well until pale and smooth.
:: Slowly combine dry ingredients (the original recipe calls for sifting the dry ingredients together, but I like to make minimal mess and muffins are pretty good being made in 1 bowl). and mix together. Add vanilla and nutmeg. Be careful to not to over mix your muffins. . . you don't want dense muffins.
:: Scoop batter into muffin cups (mine made 12 muffins) and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for a bit. Melt butter in a small bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon.
:: Dip tops of muffins into butter and then cinnamon sugar mixture.

Eat. . . enjoy. . . invite someone and practice hospitality.

What's your favorite thing to make when having someone over?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...