Monday, April 02, 2012

Brownie truffle cups

I survived my weekend of insanity.  Well, maybe it wasn't insanity, but it was certainly busy!  I had two pampered chef shows that were so much fun thrown in with several other things.  All I can say, is that we are living life over here.  So, in honor of my two pampered chef parties last week, here's a fun recipe that was delicious, as well as super easy!  

This recipe takes a simple brownie recipe and adds a yummy ganache.  All you need is a mini muffin pan  and this tool. . . it's one of my favorites!

Brownie Truffle Cups
Source: Pampered Chef

1 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup flour
3/4 cup whipping cream 
desired garnishes (I used whipped cream and maraschino cherries, but you could use orange zest, toasted almonds, etc.  The possibilities are endless!)

Preheat oven to 325.  Place 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for about 40-60 seconds, or until smooth, stirring every 20 seconds.  Add sugar and egg to batter bowl; mix until blended.  Add flour; mix until flour is incorporated.  Using two teaspoons, divide batter evenly among cups fulling them about 2/3 full.  Using my  favorite tool, gently tap batter to to create level tops.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  

While that is cooking, pour cream into microwave safe bowl and add remaining chocolate chips.  Microwave from 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot.  Stir chocolate chips and cream until chocolate chips are completely melted mixture begins to thicken.  Let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.  
Put ganache into zip lock bag or pastry bag.  Cut tip off the end and fill cups full.  Garnish as desired.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...