Friday, January 27, 2023

Extraw Special Valentines Just for you!

 

I saw an Instagram reel the other day asking how January had 47 days unlike the rest of the month of the year.  I laughed and moved on because yes, we are still in and Christmas seems like a memory rather than just a few weeks ago when in reality, Weston's birthday is next week (hello, February!) and Valentine's Day is not to much later.  In fact, every time I head to Target, I am reminded that the time is nearing where I need to get a classroom worth of treats and quirky sayings. 

With as much candy as my youngest brings home (most of it he can't really eat because of food allergies or because of his braces), we throw so much of it away.  Over the years, I've made it my goal to find some creative ways to do Valentines that are cost effective and not full of sugar. Last year, we found a fun and silly punny slogan and then I created a little tag to slip the straw through.  

 
I ordered some silly straws from amazon. . . they were very reasonably priced and one package was more than enough for one class of 5th graders plus extras for friends in other classes! It was a win!  I printed out the tags at our local Office Depot (they do have some great quality printing and I can order than from my desk at home and pick them up the next day while I run errands!). From there, I cut them out and then did an optional step of cutting each corner with a rounded corner punch. . . I just really liked the way it looked.  I also made two slits above/below the pun for the straw to stick through.  Weston signed his name and took his Target bag full of valentines to school with him for some Valentine fun. . . because even upper graders love a good valentine!  
 
So, my Valentine gift to you is a link to this cool Valentine Printable!  Go, have fun! Enjoy and feel free to share on your social media and tag me in it!  I would love to see how you use them!  (#outoftherightbrainblog or @jolieklassen will work!).  It really makes my day when you share!  

 


And, if straws just really aren't your jam. . . I have a handful of other Valentine printables here
 

:
 


Happy Creating!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...