Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Cinnamon Bun Caramel Corn with pecans. . . can I just say yummmy!

One year ago today, I was in my very own hospital room enjoying my very precious baby boy (one month earlier than anticipated. . . no complaints here!).  Today he is the happiest little boy, with a joyful screech that can break the sound barrier.  I wouldn't trade him for anything. . . not even a full night's sleep (which would be nice, Weston. . . in case your daddy reads this to you).  
I found these amazing cones that were printable in the exact color scheme I wanted on Pinterest link.  The best thing ever was that they were completely free, as long as they were for my own personal use.  Awesome. . . especially since I was throwing a party on a budget.  You can find the printables here.

I had tasted some yummy popcorn at Costco the week before his birthday, but Jon and I wisely decided not to spend 12 dollars on popcorn when I could (most likely) make it for way cheaper.  And as much as I would have loved to purchase that ever so yummy popcorn, it was definitely cheaper, just as tastey, and not all that time consuming.  Completely worth it to make my own.  You can find the recipe over at Our Best Bites.  I'm not going to write down the recipe for you, because just jumping over there to read it is entertainment enough.  She's hillarious!

I filled each cone with a handful of popcorn and set each cone in a basket filled with fiberfill.  NOTE: If trying to do this at your party. . . please make sure you have something squishy to fill your container with so the cones sit upright.  If not, you will have popcorn all over the place, a frustrated mom, and minutes until a party is going to start.   I promise. . . just planning on having something like fiberfill or moss to fill it up ahead of time will save you so much!  Take my word.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...