Thursday, February 02, 2012

Woodland Forest Table in orange, brown, and green

Taking a break from a screaming, crying, child (he's teething. . . 4 top teeth at once. . . poor guy) to get my blog post in for today.  

I saw an idea similar to this on Pinterest and tried to recreate it to the best of my abilities.  So, here's the rundown . . . 
:: Trees: For each tree, you need a pencil, brown crepe paper, and 4 5 1/2 inch scalloped circle (I used my cricut).  I wrapped each pencil with crepe paper which gave it a very cool wood like appearance.  Then at the top, of each tree trunk (the pencil), I wrapped double stick tape around it.  Then, I folded each circle in half, making sure all the scallops lined up with each other on all four pieces of paper.  Then, I slowly stick each folded side together with double stick tape until it looked like this with the pencil in the middle.  I cut a Styrofoam ball in half and stuck one in each of my orange Anthropologie bowls.  From there, I stuck each tree in and covered it with some moss.

:: Treehouses:  I found wooden tree houses at JoAnn's for $1.  I bought enough for the kids to each paint one.  The kid versions were very colorful and were painted with Crayola washable paint (of course!).  I painted three of them with acrylic paints to match the party.  Then, I scattered moss, pine cones, and rocks in between everything.

::  Table Top:  The table I did this on was a rectangular table and instead of using a plastic table cloth, I used green wrapping paper (from Target).  I love this, because it creates a kind of table runner effect, while still protecting the table.

Where I found everything:  bowls - anthropologie, pine cones - potterybarn, moss - pottery barn, rocks - back yard.

Now, I am going to go back to tending to my beautiful boys, one of which is currently tugging on my arm to help him put together an alphabet train puzzle (not that he needs help, he just wants me. . . .i love feeling wanted by my boys!).  Weston is still asleep and I don't know how much that is going to mess up my day, but maybe the tylenol will help him sleep better.

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...