Thursday, May 12, 2016

It's time for popsicles!

I'm sitting here catching up on some blog posts since my little guy has a stomach bug.  The windows are open and I am enjoying a nice cool breeze before I have to shut everything up as soon as it gets warmer (It's supposed to be in the 90's today. . . bleh.).  But, because it's so hot this week, I thought I would share this amazing popsicle recipe that my kids couldn't stop eating!

There is nothing more refreshing than a cold treat on a hot day.  And since we live in the Central Valley, we make sure we have lots of cold treats to get us through the hot months.  We love popsicles and homemade ones are so much fun and so delicious!  This recipe has only 3 ingredients, is non dairy, and did not last long at all.  I think that today, another batch in in the works. . . because I just can't stop.  That, and we have some strawberries that need to be used up pronto. 



 Strawberry - Banana Popsicles

Ingredients:
strawberries
banana
almond milk

Directions:
Stick about 10 strawberries, a banana and some almond milk into a blender and blend away, until you have a smoothie-like consistency.   Pour into molds and freeze for 6-8 hours.

Tips:
 The tovolo molds are awesome. . . just rinse under hot water for a few minutes to take mold off, giving you a beautiful popsicle.

If you are using a Zoku pop maker, especially the small one, remember that it only makes 3 in one sitting, so only make a half batch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...