Thursday, May 19, 2016

Tomato and Garlic Pasta



Some days are busy.  The last few weeks have been insane (and we just finished a horrible bout with the stomach flu that took us all out).  Our goal is is to eat freshly made food, with fresh ingredients as much as possible.  Some nights we have leftovers and other nights we have spaghetti. . . from a jar.  

Spaghetti nights are easy nights at our house.  Most of the time, I pick up a Pomodoro sauce from Trader Joes and throw in some Italian sausage and call it a meal.  Not every night can be something completely homemade from scratch. . . I just don't have time or sometimes, the energy to do that.  Sometimes, I just want to be lazy.  Plus, we really like Italian food! It's also a meal that we can all eat and and no one complains, so I make it often.  I call any night where we can all eat dinner without complaining a win.  Not every night is like that, but spaghetti nights usually are.

I stumbled across this recipe last month during a rare moment (it's been kind of crazy around here) that I found to read a magazine.  My newest copy of Allrecipes Magazine had come, quiet time was happening, and I found my way over to the couch and started reading.   I knew as soon as I saw the picture on the page, that this was going on my menu plan.  I had ALL the ingredients!  It took a few weeks (like, I said, it's been kind of crazy around here), and it definitley did not dissapoint.  Simple ingredients, not a lot of effort to make and perfect for a meatless Monday night dinner.   I cannot wait to make it again!

I did make a slight adjustment. . . I had a can of crushed tomatoes and didn't feel like running to the store just to get diced.  Plus, the hubby doesn't like tomato chunks (I don't want to sound sexist, but I seriously think it's a guy thing. . . my dad, my husband, my BFF's husband. . . they all like things made of tomatoes, but not tomatoes themselves).  So, i just used crushed.  It was awesome! 

You should definitely add this to your meal plan soon!  If you made any adjustments, let me know . . . I would love to hear how you made it!  Message me or comment in the comments.

Tomato Garlic Pasta
armagazine 2016

Ingredients: 
8 oz angel hair pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 28 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp slat
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
While that's going, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Saute garlic until fragrant, but not brown. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper.  Reduce your heat to medium and cook for about 2 minutes.  Stir in basil.  Drain pasta and add to tomato mixture.  Cook for a little bit longer.  Scoop into bowls, grate some fresh parmesan over the top and garnish with fresh basil.



1 comment:

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...