Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Connection Time









7 more days.  7 more mornings where a kid has to be at school by a certain time.  I am in countdown mode!  It is so close. . . but I also realize that we leave on vacation in less than 2 weeks and I am not ready!  There is lots to do and somewhere, I need to find the motivation to get it done.  Not to mention, the stomach flu that hit our house this month set us behind in Weston's schooling and so, it looks like I need to do that, too.  Instead of finding motivation, I have been having coffee with friends and binge watching on netflix.  Oh, and it's going to be triple digits this week. . . .I may never leave my house. 

 Here's what's happening in my word. . . 

Outside my window...It's a super sunny day here.  And hot.  The backyard has summer toys spread out and a few plums still left on the plum tree. 

I am thinking...that I am tired.  I need to go get the bacon cooking for tonight's dinner and maybe some scones.  But, first I have to find the kitchen counters.  Today is one of those days when I invited a friend over into my mess.  We were busy this weekend and cleaning just didn't happen.  It might take all week, but it will be clean.  I have no regrets.  Nothing is better than good conversation over coffee. . . even if your house is a mess.

From the kitchen... Tonight we are having homemade egg, bacon, and cheese muffins. I have been making popsicles like crazy and I made the best zucchini chocolate muffins last night. 

I am wearing... jeans and a t-shirt.  Late I will throw on some flip flops and go consume more coffee.  I know. . . real glamorous right? 

I am creating...I have a long list of things that I'm creating, but most recently, I made a mug rug for my sweet friend that I co-lead a table at Bible Study with.  It's far from perfect, but the fabrics are some of my favorites from my stash.  I also picked up some rhubarb this weekend and I think some scones are in our future.  My dining room table looks like craft stuff threw up on it. 

I am going... to get motivated and maybe close my eyes for a few minutes.  Dinner is begging to be made and in order to do that, I should probably clean the kitchen up. 

I am reading...I am alsmost finished with For the Love, by Jen Hatmaker, but am also starting Savor, by Shauna Niequist.  Somewhere in there should be a fiction book.  Bring on summer!

I am hoping...that I can get everything done.  There always seems to be so much to do, and most of it doesn't really matter.  I think my expectations of what needs to get done verses what I want to accomplish are a little off. 

I am hearing...tired boys yawning, the hum of the computer, and kids telling me they are hungry. . . they are always hungry.

Around the house... fresh flowers, fluffy pillows, and art projects that need to be finished.

One of my favorite things...Izze sparkling waters.  I can't get enough of them.  They have the perfect fizz and the perfect sweetness and only 10 calories.  No guilt here! 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Buy corn.  The FSU farm market just started selling corn and it is by far the best there is.  I need to go buy a bunch and start freezing it for meals this fall.  I think corn salsa will be made too. . . yum! 

What I'm listening to:   I just downloaded some Jamie Ivey podcasts and I've been watching Flash on Netflix.  I need some new music to listen to. . . suggestions? 

So, now your turn:

Copy and paste your favorite, or all of them and try it out in the comments:
Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 

Happy Connecting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...