Thursday, May 05, 2022

Teacher Appreciation Inspiration

I am feeling all the end of the year vibes right now!  Summer is on the horizon and I absolutely CANNOT wait!  I am ready for the slow days that summer brings, where we sleep in, spend a bit too much time watching movies and playing video games, and staying up way too late because we can.  But first, we need to work on some end of the year projects, for which there are several. . . between 2 kids I might pull my hair out.  I am sure there are many moms out there that are so excited to work on projects over Mother's Day weekend. . .best Mother's Day gift ever!  Kidding of course!  But, really, that is really how we are spending our weekend.  

But really, as much as I am just tired and done with the school year, as I am every year about this time, these teachers work their butts off to challenge our kids and make them fall in love with learning over and over again.  If it takes assigning a big project to get our kids excited with some hands on learning for a book they just finished or building sky scrapers out of cardboard for a presentation, I am all for it and so thankful that teachers have the power to stir on creativity and learning!  

They show up, pretty much every day, smile and grin, and teach no matter what is going on behind the scenes or what materials they have.  They love on our kids even when they find themselves playing Minecraft instead of their doing their assignment (true story. . . my kids are NOT perfect little robots). They spend money out of their paycheck to make their classroom feel like home and add zest to their lessons, and bags of gummy bears and jolly ranchers to remind our kids they are doing great.  They show up early, stay late, and still take work home with them to finish.  They work on the weekends even though they are off.  The prep during their summer vacation. They go above and beyond. 

This week, has been Teacher Appreciation Week and it is always one of my favorite parts of the year.  I usually try to send little notes and treats here and there during the school year, but Teacher Appreciation Week I try to go all out!  Plus, it's the end of the year and if I am exhausted. . . they are doubly exhausted.  Even being able to volunteer in the classroom hasn't been allowed this year, so extra help that they would have had in the past hasn't been there.  Teachers are tired, and maybe, even more so these past few years than others.  

As parents, we need to step up and verbally show our gratitude.  Gratitude has a direct impact on our attitude about things and as frustrated as I can sometimes get, being thankful and doing something tangible for my child's teachers works both ways.  Our teachers need to hear it, because unfortunately they probably hear a lot of complaints or frustrations and schools are hard.  There are so many things they must do, hoops to jump through, and still manage to make their classroom a safe place for their students to come. . . and want to come. 

This year, it sort of snuck up on me.  It's been crazy over here!  But, I hunkered down, made a list, tried to be creative. . . it didn't work (my mind was elsewhere. . . I'll share that someday), so I searched the world wide web and found some great, FREE printables and headed to Target.  I didn't spend that much money, thanks to absolutely adorable things in the Target dollar spot (when looking for inexpensive encouragement gifts, always go here first!). 



At the bottom of the page, I have a bunch all the links for what I used, plus a few extra if you feel like grabbing some fun cookies at the bakery, or some of the Milk cookies (we did last year and it was a huge hit!), or make your own!  There's also one for caramel and apple or a caramel apple. 

 I also have a bunch of FREE printables that I have created in the past that are super fun and can be super inexpensive.  One click of the printer and you have cute tags for 5 days of fun.  

I know that tomorrow is technically the last day of the official Teacher Appreciation Week, but don't let that stop you. Do your own week next week. . . keep the party going.  Send a note or a starbucks card. Or send them an email and a e-card from Starbucks (you can do it from the app) and then you don't have to worry about going to the store! 

Have fun!  Spoil those teachers and have a great week!

 Thanks for helping me grow printable

How Sweet it is printable

 Caramel Apple printable

Pen Teacher Appreciation printable

 Nail Polish printable

Scent-sational teacher tag  

Treat tag printable

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...