Friday, May 20, 2022

Kitchen Update: After the dust settled


It has been said the kitchen is the heart of the home.  It is the area where friends and family come to gather, whether hanging out or sitting around the table.  In our mid-century home, that is 100 percent true!  Our kitchen is in the center of our house, dividing our two living spaces and the bedrooms.  It's not huge and it's not teeny tiny either, but it is ours and we are getting to put some more love and our personalities into it.  

We have finally come to a point where we feel like the house is almost back to normal after everything was taken apart back in February, so I thought it would be a great time to catch us all up on the process.  Welcome to part 2 of our kitchen facelift adventure! 

 We left off with life after destruction (and Disney).  No running water, no stove, plywood countertops and lots and lots of dust!  And for awhile part of me was going a little crazy, but I got really used to it all. (You can read the first post about us starting a new trend (ha ha) of plywood counters here.) We were told the estimated time frame between demo and countertops is about 3 weeks.  To be honest, we were skeptical because things are crazy in the construction world and so I really didn't put much stock in it.  I knew that eventually it would happen and it did.  Right at the 3 week mark, I was doing my weekly Trader Joes run and our designer texted and asked if the countertop guy could drop by and do measurements that day! I was mind blown. . . things were beginning to happen.  Little did I know that this was THE WEEK!  The next morning, I was surprised with countertop installation and the next days were our tile backsplash, hood, stove, and sink!  I can't even believe that all of that happened in one week!  It was quick, but it finished so beautifully that I can't stop swooning!  

 There is still a lot to finish.  All of our cabinets need a good vacuuming and somehow all my stuff needs to get put away (NOT looking forward to that part. . . where is Elizabeth Montgomery when we need her. . . ha ha).  I do have big plans for that.  Plus, we need to repaint the walls, wainscotting, and touch up the cabinets with some Annie Sloan.  We also have some fun ideas in the works!  Stay tuned! 

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy my new stove and my sink with a faucet and running water. . . ohhh, I missed those things more than I really knew!  Also, our stove was definitely on it's last leg. . . 30 minute meals actually cook in 30 minutes and boiling water takes WAY less time now!  Goodbye stove from the 60's!   Also, one of our little splurges was the glass rinser (round, flattish thing to the left of the sink).  Best thing ever!  It kind of blew our contractor's mind!  

I'm going to go cook something now. . . if I  can remember where I put the pan!

Links for kitchen stuff:

 :: faucet

:: sink

:: rinser

:: stove

:: hood

:: Tile

:: countertops: Calcutta Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...