Monday, May 02, 2011

Boston Cream Whoopie Pies

I started this post yesterday and just could not get the words out. I think it was just one of those days. Oh well, here it is now. I hope you all are having a fantastic week! Rumor has it that it's going to get to the 90's this week here. . . Welcome to summer in California!

My husband is easy to please when it comes to making cakes. He usually picks funfetti or a white cake with white frosting or a Boston Cream Pie. Both are incredibly easy . . . although, I would pick the Boston Cream Pie over the funfetti in a heartbeat! So, when I saw this recipe, I knew at once my husband would most likely be pleased, but also the ladies at my appreciation dessert might enjoy them too (I think they did!).
Don't they look scrumptious? they were. . .I promise! They were also incredibly easy to make. I got the idea from Annie's Eats, but made a different filling, because I was going to be short on time due to all of the other things I was making for the party.

Boston Cream Whoppie Pies
adapted from Annie's Eats

For the cookies:
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
½ cup milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set out a large zip lock bag (or a pastry bag, if you wish). Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk them together. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternating between milk and mixing well between each addition. Fill ziplock bag with cookie dough and cut off tip. Pipe dough into circles on baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Once they are cooled, match cookies into pairs with similar sizes.

For the Filling:
1 cup cold milk
1 (4 0z) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups of whipped cream

Whisk milk and pudding together until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Put in ziplock bag and cut off tip. Pipe onto the flat side of the cookies. Don't put the top on until you have dipped in ganache.

For Ganache:
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and let melt. Add whipping cream and stir until well blended. dip cookie tops into chocolate. Carefully place on top of matching cookie. Let set until no longer wet.

Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...