Thursday, August 25, 2016

Connection Time

My kids went back to school last week and well. . . things are a little bit different around here.  BOTH kids are gone during the day.  Last week was so busy, I really didn't get a chance to enjoy the quiet of the house, but this week I am soaking it in.  I'm trying to find my groove. . . which is kind of why blogging just hasn't been a priority.   I am enjoying the quiet.  My house is almost recovered from summer vacation and I am exhausted.  It's exhausting!

So, here's what's going on around here. 

Outside my window it's dark, but earlier we had a most glorious sunset.  They've been absolutely amazing (thanks to the large amounts of smoke in the air due to the amount of fires that are raging around here).  You can see the reds, pinks, and oranges streaming into our livingroom as we are getting the kids ready for bed and I just swoon.  Ethan has been noticing them too, which makes my heart happy. 

I am thinking that I miss sleeping in.  That's one thing I miss about summer.  But, really I just want cooler temperatures.  Soon.  I keep telling myself. 

From the kitchen  I made my first Sourdough bread boule yesterday and it was worth every day of stinky, smelly starter making.  I am so excited to make more sourdough bread.  soon.  very soon.  I've been doing a lot of prepping stuff for easy breakfasts for the kids and I think tomorrow I will make some cookies.  You know. . . to get us through the week!

I am wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt.  When I am home and cleaning, I really can't justify wearing "real" clothes because I am just getting dirty.  And really, these are just so comfortable! 

I am creating mostly food stuff right now.  But, I am craving my sewing machine.  I've also been making a lot of cards, and purging my craft supplies.  Operation office/craftroom redo will be underway soon! 

I am reading Simply Tuesday, by Emily Freeman.  So far it's sooo good. It's really challenging me to not get lost in the hustle of the everyday and to enjoy the ordinary.  Right now, I am adjusting to a new ordinary as I move into a new phase of life.  It's exciting and quiet and crazy. 

 I am hearing not a lot, because my house is quiet.  But my soul is hearing "don't hustle" and just enjoying this new ordinary with both kids at school.  I have also been listening to the Jamie Ivey podcast and the Christ Centered Mom podcast. . . both great! 

Around the House I have almost recovered from summer.  There are still piles lingering, which is bugging me.  I will probably attack those tomorrow.  I really want to do something creative today, so I plan on taking time for that. 

One of my favorite things is my pillow.  I've been exhausted.  But, also my fitbit. . . all this walking back and forth from school and going on runs has really increased my steps.  I like it!
nd
A few plans for the week We are really just taking it slow.  Weston is on  his second week of school and he is just exhausted.  We all are!  So, mostly just making our new routine a habit and resting.  I think this weekend, we will watch tv and just relax.  hmmm. . . now to see if that's they way it works.


If you would like to join in the fun, fill out our own in the comments or on my facebook page and let's connect!  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...