Thursday, September 15, 2016

Catching Up

It's been a few weeks since I've made time to blog and now I am ready to get back into the habit.  So, let's catch up.  Go grab a cup of coffee and join me in some chit chat.  

Sometimes life just gets hectic.  Life is busy.  School has been back in session for 5 weeks and we have officially found our groove, made it back to the beach, celebrated a birthday, started Bible Study, soccer has started, and a few other things that would probably bore you.  I think yesterday, was the first day that I had time to notice how quiet my house was.

My sweet reader friends, this year is so strange.  Both kids are at school for the majority of the day and there is quiet.  I can clean up and it stays clean.  I can sit and read and no one interrupts me.  It took me 5 weeks to realize how quiet it is when you aren't rushing around trying to get things done.  I kind of miss them, but am really enjoying this time.

I've had a LOT of people ask me what I am going to do this year, and I joked that I will just sit down and eat bonbons all day.  Obviously, that isn't the case.  I won't lie.  Today, I needed some margin after going non stop for a few weeks and so I sat down and watched a chic flick and drank a latte.  I am okay with that.  Sometimes our brain just needs a break before started the next project.

There are a lot of projects coming up and some are a little overwhelming. . . like our office. I have the okay to re-do it.  But, first, I need to find it and get rid of some stuff.   Like I said, overwhelming.  Scary overwhelming.

I quieted the house the other day.  All the summer decorations have been retired and Fall is slowly starting to make an appearance.  I found the cutest little burlap/chevron pumpkins last week in the dollar spot at Target.  So, glad I grabbed them when I did, because I can't find them anymore.

Oh, and the bread making quest is going really nicely.  I can't wait to share a delicious recipe with you for some homemade cinnamon swirl bread.  I am really enjoying this challenge.  I think my family is too!

Did you challenge yourself to try something new or learn how to do something for the year?  One of mine was bread making.  It is awesome!    How is going for you?

Well, it's time to head to soccer practice, so I had better wrap this up.

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...