So, first, let's look at the way things were to start with. My desk area sat under our window and just didn't really function for a work space (except for sewing). Stamping was hard to do because the table wasn't a solid surface. Plus, it just isn't pretty. We've been wanting to replace it with something better for a few years, so we could use this for hosting parties. My fabric stash was sort of stored in several plastic containers in various spots around the room, including the book case and under the desk. Most of my crafting and stamping stuff was in my IKEA storage.
this one from World Market in dove grey. And from then, things sort of progressed at rapid speed.
We packed up our stuff (I can't find anything! It might be a little nerve racking!) and sold the old furniture.
I had picked a bunch of paint samples months ago when we first started talking about this re-do, and we didn't go with any of them. We found the color by an article from HGTV magazine. We are silly. But, we were inspired. We chose dust powder, by Behr. As of now, I have painted about half of the room and am waiting for the new furniture from IKEA to be delivered. So far I am loving the color and can't wait to finish it!
I can't wait to share more as the process continues. Keep a look out and come follow me on instagram to get sneak peaks at the progress!
Enjoy your weekend!