Wednesday, January 18, 2017

When there isn't a whole lot of time. . . {Vanilla bean fruit dip}

Sometimes I feel like there just are not enough hours in a day.  We just finished up a 3 day weekend full of both times of rest and times of fun.  It was a full weekend of birthday parties for some super special people.  We celebrated a sweet 2 year old, Jon's grandpa turned 91 and Weston's buddy turned 6.  So, when I remembered that my table had snacks on Tuesday, I as kid of wondering how I was going to fit in baking something.  Sometimes, it just can't happen.  So, I remembered we had apples and oranges that needed to be used up along with some marshmallow cream I had bought when it was 99 cents before Christmas.  Note to self: always keeps a marshmallow cream in the fridge for times like this. 
This recipe worked perfect because I happened to have all the ingredients in my pantry and fridge. . . and there are only 3 ingredients, which makes things even simpler. Anytime I don't have to go to the store, it makes my husband very happy!  Also, there was no time for a quick trip target or a grocery store.  If you have cream cheese and marshmallow cream, you can make this.  I always try to have some on hand for quick, last minute recipes.   It is so delicious!  I even used my lactose free (doesn't give me a stomach ache) cream cheese and it turned out lovely.  It tastes like a soft cream cheese frosting that is to die for! 

Creamy Vanilla Bean Fruit Dip

Ingredients:
marshmallow cream
1 block cream cheese
vanilla bean paste

*If you don't have the paste, you can substitute vanilla extract and get the same flavor minus the speckles.

Directions:
In a medium sized bowl (big enough for your hand mixer to mix), mix up cream cheese and marshmallow cream until nice and smooth.  Add a tsp of vanilla bean paste and mix some more.  Pour into your serving container and serve with freshly cut fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...