Friday, November 03, 2017

3 Things I'm loving

It's Friday and let's be honest.  I am ready for the weekend.  We survived Halloween week and now, I need a nice long 3 day weekend.  The boys are home and are wrapping up their afternoon chores.  The sky is partly sunny with overcast clouds coming in.  I am fighting every urge to warm up a cup of chai tea and curl up on the couch in a blanket.  But, first this blog post. 

I thought that I would share 3 things that I am loving today for a few reasons. 
1.  I just wanted to be able to write. 
2.  I'm not in the mood to tell you how I did something.  My brain is tired. 
3.  Because it's Friday and the seasons are officially changing here and my heart is happy (tired. . . but happy!)

 I've done this a few times way back when.  But, one of my favorite podcasters always asks the people she has on what are three things they are loving right now.  I just love that because it doesn't have to be a product or anything.  It shows a persons heartbeat.  So, here are my three things for today. 

1.  Holidays.  Guys, let's be honest.  It's all sort of annoying when Thanksgiving gets skipped over, but seriously, for me it's the whole season.  The food, the sounds, the twinkling lights, the smells, the time with family.  EVERY SINGLE Thing!  I saw two ladies walk around Target the other day whining about Christmas stuff being up the day after Halloween.  Complainers are my least favorite thing.  I walked around them, just enjoying the sights and sounds. . . and drinking my latte.

2.  Starbucks Red Cups and Gingerbread Lattes.
I wait all year for this.  Gingerbread lattes are probably my favorite latte of all.   They are basically Christmas in a cup and it's wonderful.  This year's red cup is super cute.  I can't wait to go out for coffee with friends just so I can have another cup of this heavenly drink! 

3.  The book Wonder.  It's been on our reading bucket list for a while now and we decided to put all our other reading on hold so we can get this book done before we go see the movie.  I'm only a few chapters in and so far I have laughed and cried. It is so beautifully written.  Ethan is chasing me through it (we are both reading it, but sharing the book), and we are getting to talk about it.  I have a feeling this book is not going to take us long to read!  Ethan and I are going to celebrate it by going and seeing the movie later this month.  You should read it too.  It's a good one! 

And those are three things I am loving lately.  What are you loving right now?  SHare in the comments, over on Facebook or Instagram.  I'd love to hear!  Maybe your current love will encourage someone else?  Who knows.

Enjoy your weekend!  I'm going to go make a chai latte, watch a movie, and maybe make something pumpkin-y.  Because it's fall and the weekend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...