Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Connection Time!!

 Happy Thanksgiving! 

First of all, let me first start out with saying how thankful I am for You.  You read my blog.  You take the time out of your busy schedule and read these words that I put down on this blog.  I hope and pray that you are encouraged each time you visit!

So, now, grab whatever drink your heart desires, sit down, and let's chat.  Let's gather together and share our hearts and what's going on in our lives.  Let's connect more than just me sharing a recipe or some crafty thing.  Let's share our hearts.  
We have this whole week off and it really is the best.  Our schedule is suddenly not full and we are soaking it in.  There has been lots of TV and video games logged,  a visit to daddy's work and lunch, and today. . . well, I am half way thru a venti Gingerbread latte and I am determined to get all the things done.  My oldest has taken apart all of his brickheads and is working his way rebuilding them all.  Cars 3 is on for the last time before we have to return it to redbox in a bit. 


 Now, let's get to the questions.  I've got my coffee. . . do you have yours? 

Outside my window the sun is shining brightly. . . it's going to be a whopping 78 degrees today and all I want to do is wear a warm sweatshirt.  Ha ha!  However, the tree outside our front window has finally turned colors and started shedding its leaves.  It's a great tree for the neighborhood birds, so each time they flutter around, it starts raining leaves!  I could watch it for hours!

I am thinking
about having to come up with a plan B for the salad I was bringing for Thanksgiving.  I couldn't find shaved brussel sprouts anywhere!  I didn't think it was going to be that hard!  EEK!  Suggestions accepted. 

From the kitchen
Oh my goodness!  The kitchen has been super busy lately!  Today, I am making bread dough, a vegan pumpkin cheesecake, and the salad dressings for my salad.  Thanksgiving prep is underway!  What are you making for Thanksgiving?

I am wearing 
Yoga pants, running shoes, a t-shirt, and a zip up sweatshirt.  I am in dire need of a shower, but plan on getting on the elliptical and cleaning, so that's not going to happen for awhile.  Honestly. . . I'm keeping it real right now.  Also, I hate wearing good clothes while I am cleaning or cooking.  However, I did just buy the cutest booties. .  . these ones.  I honestly can't believe how comfy they are and how much I really like them!  It took me a while for the style to grow on me and I'm so glad I bought them!

I am creating Lots of things in the kitchen, but currently I am working on Ethan's quilt, getting Advent prepped and packaged, and a few home decor items. 

I am going
to the beach soon.  It's really my happy place! 
  I also feel like we should talk Black Friday here. . . do you guys go full on black Friday shopping? We just head to Target when we get around to it.

I am reading  Wonder.  It's been so busy this week, I haven't gotten a chance to read it.  Ethan and I are racing through it so we can go see the movie together.  It's such a good book! 

I am hearing 
the tinkering of legos and Cars 3 in the background.  It's gonna be a good day! 

Around the House
The house is still decorated for Fall. . . I just can't bring myself to do it until this weekend.  Our goal is to get it done by December 1st and then when the kids are at school, I put the finishing touches on things. 

One of my favorite things
GINGERBREAD LATTES.  I wait patiently all year for them to make their November debut.  They really are Christmas in a cup!  Also, one of my favorite coffee shops just opened a drive thru super close to my house. . . so awesome! 

A few plans for the week 
slow down, savor, enjoy.  While I am focusing on getting things done, I am also enjoying this time to slow down and just relax.  There's been a lot of cuddling and vegging.  I think we are all tired and have just needed this break! 

What I am listening to
Christmas music.  The radio stations started playing it and I decided the other day, that I am going to enjoy it! It's just so happy! 



 Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...