Wednesday, November 29, 2017

when your friends have babies

I think one of my favorite things about having my kids in school is the few minutes before pick up when the moms (and dads, and grandparents) gather waiting to grab their kids and go home.  It's the perfect opportunity to hang out and talk and meet people.  I have met some of the most amazing ladies just hanging out after school.  One of these sweet friends just had a the most beautiful baby girl and well, this mom of only boys had some fun!  Bring on the pinks and flowers. . . and butterflies! 
 I went super easy on this one and sewed strips of fabric together and then sandwiched the backing, batting, and quilt top to the front with some super amazing adhesive spray. . . it is a must when doing the quilting.  I just quilted straight lines on each side of my seams.  It was so easy and so quick!  I also did a cheater binding because. . . well. . . I was lazy.  I followed this tutorial and it was so easy. 

Also, this quilt has a couple of mistakes that I kind of just left.  I am not a master quilter yet (my mom is amazing at it!), but I'm not really sure if any quilt is perfect.  I remember when we were putting together some quilt squares that my sister found after my great grandma died.  One of them was was purposely made wrong, so that you could always remember that no one is perfect.  Also, a little secret. . . straight lines are amazing.  You don't have to worry about your corners lining up!  Like I said, I am still learning this quilting thing! 

Also, I think that I will be making a step by step tutorial for this one soon!  Be on the look out! 
My boys are already planning their next quilts and there are 3 on the list before I can start making them more.  Weston was so excited this one was going to his friend's little sister, but I am pretty sure he secretly wants one just like it. . . just not pink. 
And seriously. . . when did my oldest get tall enough to hold a blanket so it wouldn't get ruined in the wet grass?  Also, he's totally wearing my flip flops. . . they almost fit him.  I just bought him new socks the other day and I'm pretty sure I can fit them!   If you are wondering what our chalkboard hopscotch says. . . Go Raiders.

And that's that!  Enjoy your day and thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...