Thursday, September 13, 2018

Famous Blueberry Muffins, I think

 I will be honest with you.  I had grand plans for this week things just did not go as planned.  I'm okay with that. My plans usually go the opposite. Sometimes you pick your kids up from school and they have a temperature and sore throat and you cancel plans and spend the week cuddling with your kiddo takes top priority.  I'm cool with that.  The things that I needed to do could wait.  Today, that same kid marched back to school ready to be reunited with his friends and I am playing a crazy game of catch-up.  In light of the crazy week, I thought we needed something yummy to welcome the weekend. 
I found this recipe on accident because my husband came home needed muffins for the next week, I had just bought the most beautiful blueberries for super cheap.  I really didn't want to go the store to get yogurt, or a lemon to make my usual recipe, so I scoured the internet world (aka pinterest) for a muffin recipe that looked scrumptious and didn't have a bunch of ingredients that was going to require leaving the house.

The first thing that caught my attention was that it was found the New York Times.  Amazing recipes get featured in the NY Times, so this recipe had to be good, right?  Guess what?  It did not disappoint! These were so moist and so quickly gobbled down that I have no idea how long they would have actually lasted in the fridge.  The recipe says they hold up really well. . . we just didn't' get to test that out because they were THAT good!   According to the article, there was a lot of dispute among New Yorker's about who had the best Blueberry Muffin recipe and this one did not come from the Ritz, like people assumed had the best.  Apparently, there used to be a department store called Jordan Marsh. I am a West Coast gal and haven't heard of this store, but this recipe is claimed to be theirs and it is delicious!  So if you are in the mood for some carbs and have some fresh blueberries laying around, I highly recommend this one.  It's definitely on my make again and again list. You should make these this weekend. 
Famous Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
from New York Times

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 cups blueberries, washed and drained
3 tsp. sugar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  In your favorite mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add the vanilla.  Slowly add dry ingredients, alternating with some of your milk. Don't over mix.  Pat dry the blueberries and add them to the batter. Fold gently in.  Line you muffin tin with liners and fill 3/4 full with muffins.  Sprinkle with sugar and toss in oven for 30ish minutes.

Let cool for about 30 minutes.  Store uncovered to prevent humidity causing soggy muffins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...