Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Connection Time {February 2019}

 This morning I got to have coffee with a sweet friend.  My house was far from perfect (there was still random things from my pantry clean out yesterday on the floor), but I had made a quick batch of gluten free blueberry muffins and made her a latte and we sat around my kitchen table and we talked about life, food, and it was lovely.  I know I mention this every month, but I really wish we could all sit down over a cup of coffee and maybe a little treat and just chat. I am so thankful that you take the time to read these words in this little space. . . it means so much to me.  I think that's why I like these posts because it's a little more interaction than me sharing a recipe or a tutorial for a crafty project.  So, go grab a cup of coffee, take a seat, and let's chat.
 I kind of feel like January flew by exceptionally quick.  Once Christmas and New Years were over it was right back to school, vacation (yes, we too a week off to go on vacation after vacation . . . we are weird like that) and Weston's birthday.  I am enjoying the sudden quiet that comes after the busy.  It's nice and now I want to purge everything.  Help me.  ha ha.

Just before Christmas, Ethan finished reading through the Harry Potter series and so we headed down South and went to Universal Studios and Knotts Berry Farm.  We had a blast, especially because we my sister and her family flew in and my parents came too!  So much fun!  We love going to amusement parks during the middle of the week when school is in session for a couple of reasons.  1.  It's quiet.  and 2.  It's easier for Jon to take time off at weird times.  We are super lucky to go to a school where family time is valued and our kids can get independent studies. . . so they aren't missing too much!   We were even able to fit in another California Mission (what Ethan is learning right now) and check out the Endeavor Space Shuttle at the California Science Museum. 
I've always wanted to try Salt and Straw but each time we've been in Portland I've either had gestational diabetes or a stupid dairy allergy and so it never made our to-do list.  I was so excited that they recently opened a shop at Downtown Disney and they just happened to start making dairy free ice cream in January.  Perfect timing!  It was so delicious and creamy!  We also indulge in Pressed ice cream (although indulge is probably the wrong word since there's no sugar and only 4 ingredients) and Shake Shack (my favorite!).  I won't lie, we plan our trips around the food we are going to eat! 
I finished my bathroom cabinets!  That's the first stage in our bathroom fix-up.  Next step is to find a contractor to put in a shower, because there's a bathtub but no shower.  Weird, huh?  We're gonna fix that!  Stay tuned!
This guy turned 8 last week and we celebrated with Chick fil-A and Menchies and then a party full of Star Wars fun!  I just can't believe he's that old!  He is such a joy and so full of energy.  He loves doing creative things like drawing and Legos and his love of adventure keeps growing.  He's already making plans for this summer!

Now for the prompt questions. I like these questions because they are super simple but each and every one of us can answer them.  Here are my answers.
Outside my window the sun in shining and sooo bright.  I am enjoying having the sun shine in because as much as I have enjoyed the rain the next few days of sun are going to be nice.  Also, my lemon tree is insane and it's time to start baking lots of lemon-y things.  Some friends have requested a certain lemon cookie recipe that has been floating around Pinterest.  I think maybe next week I'm going to have to try those! 

I am thinking
that I need to purge some areas of our house.  It's amazing how quickly things start piling up. . . especially in the kid's bedroom.  I have a few projects that I want to work on and I should make a list after I finish this blog post.
From the kitchen I made a ton of stuff last week that I will share in Weston's birthday party post next week, but yesterday we had jon's cousin over for dinner and I needed a quick dessert, so I made this skillet Apple Pie (it's on the blog here). It is amazing and so easy!

I am wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt and these slippers.  I'm in the mood for comfy.  But I just bought this sweater and I am in love. . . especially since it was on sale!  It is seriously the softest thing ever! 

I am creating nothing today. After last week, my brain kind of needed a break.  I am going to start finishing a quilt that I'm working on.  I've also got to work on the kids Valentines since that's next week.

I am going
nowhere right now.  I'm in the mood for all things introverted and yoga pants.  I'll go to the gym though.

I am reading
I just finished Remember God, by Annie Downs.  It is the best book!  The way she tells a story, her story and reminds us of God and who is really is is wonderful.  It's an easy read and also such an encouragement!  Next up is a book by Siri Mitchell.

I am hoping that this rain keeps coming!  We need it so bad.  I really don't mind all these rainy days, although my kids just want to play outside and it's so wet and muddy!

I am hearing
not a whole lot, which makes me wonder what my boys are doing?  It got super quiet.  That can't be good.  Don't worry.  I went and checked.  They are watching T.V.  I think it's safe to say they are tired.

Around the House
I am joining in Joy the Baker's Well Kept Kitchen Challenge.  It's safe to say that my organized cabinets have turned into chaos, which is normal.  I had already been planning on doing it this month, this just sort of mapped it out for me.  So far, I've done our pantry and fridge and I can already feel like I can breathe. 

One of my favorite things
this week, it is the Siete Queso (dairy free) and yoga pants.  If you need me I'll be here in comfies.  Ha ha!

A few plans for the week
clean, rest, craft, and write, research contractors I'm moving slowly this week and that's okay.  I'm tired after a month or so of running non stop and this time of quiet is just what my heart needs.

What I am listening to. . .
don't laugh.  But, the Disney Hits playlist on Apple Music is probably one of my favorite things right now.  I love the Mary Poppins Returns music so much!  I am in need of some new music. . . please send me recommendations!

Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...