Friday, June 07, 2019

The Connection Time post that almost didn't happen

I am sitting here with my favorite latte at my second Starbucks (same latte) for the morning. The wifi wasn't working at the first Starbucks. . . which kind of put a damper on things. My plan was to go sit, drink coffee and get some writing done while my kids enjoy their last few hours of the 2018-2019 school year.  So, I am sitting here at the second Starbucks, coffee flowing through my veins and writing. I won't lie, I was frustrated and getting a little cranky because my plans weren't going as smoothly as I had hoped.

It's been a while since I've posted a Connection Time post (February, if you are interested).  I've gone back and forth wondering if they are worth it, but I keep coming back to yes.  We can't always get out and have coffee in person, so we listen to podcasts and scroll our social media feeds to make us feel like we are connecting, but in reality, we are just watching on the sidelines.  This is a chance for you (the reader) and me (the writer) to sit down and have coffee and connect.  It takes a huge amount of bravery to leave a comment down below, but that's where the connection starts, when we share or agree with someone.  My goal with this little blog with readers that I have never even met, is to connect and maybe encourage you to live life with creativity and passion.

It's been a busy few weeks.  The end of the school year always is hectic in sort of a fun and exciting way.  We had a wax museum, multiple awards assemblies, field days, water days, talent show, class parties and softball games that filled our schedule to the brim.  It's been so busy, that even the kids are longing for the quiet, more restful days that summer brings.  I remember when the kids were younger, I was eager to fill our days with as much order and routine and activities as I could, but the last few years we have moved towards a more restful approach to summer.  We are going to spend time reading, playing games, watching tv, playing with legos and crafting.  We will allow boredom to come and spur creativity.  Minecraft will be played and tv will be watched.  There will be days where we will stay in our comfies and days where we will hit the movies or swim.  This year, we will once again have a summer Pinterest challenge. This year, we will be spending some time each week studying artists, and the techniques behind the artists.  Each week, I will post about those projects so, you can join in the fun.

Time for the official "Connection Time" prompts.  I love these because they are the same every month.  Sometimes I have a lot to say about one thing, but not about another.  But, each month they are different.  I hope that you take the time to comment on one or two of the things, or even answer some yourself.

Outside my window the sun is shining and their is a little bit of a breeze, which is a welcome addition after yesterday's triple digit day.

I am thinking
of Summer Vacation.  It's so close!

From the kitchen
I made some delicious Rhubarb muffins that Ethan thinks are the best things ever! I hope to share the recipe with you tomorrow, because they were really tasty!  Plus, I think that sometimes rhubarb gets forgtotten about as a summer fruit, but it's really wonderful.  It brings a lot of memories of summers at my grandparents going through their summer garden.

I am wearing some distressed jeans, Birkenstocks, and a new shirt I picked up last week.  

I am creating
nothing right now.  As soon as my house is clean, I feel like I can start creating.  I have triangles cut out for a quilt for Jon and paper pumpkin boxes that need to be made into cards.  I'm even pondering the possibility of teaching the boys how to use my sewing machine.

I am going
to the beach tomorrow and I am ready to get my toes in the sand and breath the salty sea air.  It is calling me!

I am reading
Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on water, and Loving the Bible again and it's so good! Rachel Held Evans wrote it and I've been waiting for the Kindle version at the library for months. She was a beautiful story teller!


I just picked up a stack of books at our local Lifeway store since they are all super cheap because they are closing their storefronts (sad face), I am hoping to get to read a lot over the next few months!  I am going to try to sneak some fiction in, too!

Around the House
it's a disaster!  But, I am okay with that.  Our shower is being installed along with tile! I can't wait to share it with you.  We've also been so busy that things haven't been done and then throw a day where the water was shut off and then last night the power was out. . . things just didn't get done.  I am hoping tonight I can get some stuff caught up!

One of my favorite things
is slowing down!  But, I am starting the She Reads Truth Summer Study next week and I am so excited!  I get to sneak away once a week and gather with some pretty cool ladies and talk about scripture and I just can't wait!   If you are local, you can still join me!  If you aren't you should go to here to find out more!

A few plans for summer
are to relax, travel, create, and hang out with my boys.  They are getting so big and equally just as busy.  I can't wait to just sit on the couch and read with them!
 
What I am listening to
Everflow, by Austin Stone Worship, and Newsboys Hallelujah for the Cross along with the Disney Hits playlist on Apple Music. I have a feeling that once VBS starts next week, the kids will want to listen to the Power Up music, too.

Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to  


You might also like:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...