Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Teacher Appreciation 2020 {Quarantine Edition)


We are living such a weird time right now.  Normally, I would be working on a bunch of projects for my kids teachers. . . but they're not exactly "in school" right now.  While we have temporarily transitioned into {home}schooling, our kids' teachers are working their tales off providing distance learning activities and various zoom meetings for our kids to keep learning despite the current state of things.  Many of them are not only trying to teach their 20 to 30 students, whom they love like their own, but they are also trying to help their own children do their own distance learning.  Let's face it, education right now is NOT ideal. 

If you are new to the blog, I LOVE teacher appreciation week! I used to be in charge of it for our kids school and I loved being spoiled as a teacher (before I quit, had our oldest and started this blog).  Teaching is probably one of the most underappreciated jobs on the planet and  I think it is so important that we find ways to bless our teachers. . . from a distance.  I've come up with a few ideas that might work that might make it easy for you to just take a minute to say thanks to your child's teacher. 

I have a ton of ideas and printables (free, btw!) here on the blog.  But, in all honesty, those don't really help us right now.  But, if you wan them, you can find them here, here, here, and here.

But, if you are like me and won't be seeing my kids' teachers anytime soon but still want to send them some sort of warm fuzzy to make them feel loved and appreciated, here are some ideas that I came up with. 

1.  The PTA website has some great printable resources to celebrate your teacher.  If you can't get things dropped off at your child's school (we can't!).  Just snap a picture of it and send it via email or class dojo (or one of many other class messaging systems!). 

2.  Coffee shops like Starbucks and some local shops have digital gift cards.  Send one of those to your child's teacher via email and give them a little treat to celebrate their hard work! 

3.  Amazon does e-gift cards.  Teachers are constantly using this shop as a way to buy stuff for their class or even themselves! 

4.  Send them a door dash gift card so they can order take out one night next week. 

5.  Have your child write a thank you letter via email to their teacher. 

6.  Parents, send a thank you to them from you. . . this sometimes goes farther than the note from your child (not a joke!)

7.  Be on the look out for emails from your child's teacher.  They might have something small planned heading to your in box soon! 



If you have any great ideas to add, I would love to hear them!  Make sure you leave a comment below so we can all see your fabulous ideas! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...