Friday, May 08, 2020

Quarantine Succs {free printable}

 

The world is full of unrest.  There is so much anxiety, anger, and fear out their that I think we all need to take a moment and breathe.  Between crazy virus bug, life sheltering-in-place, and now crazy killer hornets making an appearance, it is enough to make us all get a little tight in the chest.  (I know because I just described how I've been feeling and I can't be the only one!)

Take a moment right now and just breathe. 
Maybe even jot down some things you are thankful to God for. 

Don't worry, I'll wait. 

Okay. 

Don't you feel a little bit better? 
It the midst of everything that is going on in the world, I find myself wanting to spread some joy.  Reader friends, I think that's what the world is missing right now . . .some joy!  Many of us are stuck at home and it's easy to fall in the "ME" trap.  What are my fears?  What are my needs?  Where can I find flour or yeast? When am I going back to work?  We need to set aside our fears, worries, and frustrations and think of others.  I don't know about you, but we really miss our people. And I am 100 percent sure our people are missing their people. We are all missing people, things, events. With holidays, like Mother's Day and graduations coming, it's enough to drive us all a little mad.  It's sad and depressing, but let's start spreading joy to the people around us and maybe. . . just maybe. . . we might be filled with the joy by giving. 

Just as quarantine was starting, my parents dropped off a box full of succulent clippings ready for me to plant.  As I planted them and got my succulent garden cleaned out from the wet winter, I noticed a bunch of baby succulents.  I knew I didn't have enough planters to get all of my clippings, I was inspired!  About a week into quarantine, Facebook and Instagram ads kept showing me one for a company that sent succulent and candle boxes to loved ones saying "quarantine succs."  Now, there was now way I could spend the 30-50 dollars these boxes cost for neighbors and friends, but i could do something.  My mom had mentioned the idea of taking some succulent pots to her neighbors to encourage them (If you know my mom. . . this is totally something she would do, too!  She is the most generous and giving person I know!).  I completely hijacked her idea. . . because she's a genius! 
I ordered these terra cotta pots on amazon, and surprisingly they showed up that week (it's been hit or miss on what we can get now and what we have to wait for).  I grabbed some soil from my garden and potted a bunch.  But, they still needed fun tags with that snazzy slogan I had seen on those social media ads, so I got to work and made some fun tags.  I printed them out on white cardstock and just cut them out with some scissors (I know, really fancy!) and glued them to some Popsicle sticks I found in the kids art closet.  Easy Peazy!
Then we drove around dropping them by some sweet friend's houses.  It was fun for us, because we got out of the house. . . we called it our quarantine adventure! It did our hearts good to think of others during this time.  So, I making my printable free to you so that you, too, can spread some joy to your friends, neighbors, office mates.  Let's spread some joy! 

You can find the the FREE PRINTABLE LINK HERE. I'd love to see how you use them.  Don't forget to tag @outoftherightbrain on facebook or @jolieklassen on instagram so I can see how you use my printable.  Also, remember this is for personal use only.  Please don't sell or claim as your own.  Thanks! 

Succulent art work is from Clara & Co













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...