Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Our favorite Chocolate Protein Balls



Today marks quarantine day who knows what.  Today marks the first official day of Spring Break, but in all honesty I have no clue what that means.  I guess more tv and video games?  One thing is for certain, my kids love to eat and and the occasional moments of boredom, while not a bad thing, tend to bring an unrelenting hunger in my growing boys (and who are we kidding, me, too!). 
We've been sitting on these protein balls for about a year.  It has been on my list to post, but they kept getting eaten quicker than I could take a picture.  Because we have dairy and soy allergies over here, I am super hesitant about a lot of the protein powders out there (soy and whey based will make us sick), so I got creative and came up with this recipe.  These delicious balls, which my boys jokingly call poop balls, are almost completely refined sugar free.  I say this because we use the Peanut Butter & Co Mighty Nut Powdered Vanilla, which has a little bit of cane sugar added into it. 
Now that we are home and it doesn't appear that we will be going anywhere anytime soon, we have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking all the things.  Last week, I made these protein ball and some granola bars and they have definitely been keeping the boys satisfied. 

Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Protein Balls

Ingredients:
10 dates
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3 Tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter
3 Tbsp Vanilla Peanut Butter Powder
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt

Directions:
Throw all your ingredients into a food processor.  Pulse until everything is mixed and nuts are little chunks. Then scoop out a spoonful and roll into a ball. 

Store in a airtight container or keep in the freezer.

We store ours in the freezer and just pull them out as needed.  They don't take too long to defrost and when school resumes (hopefully) in the fall, they are perfect to thrown in their lunches. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...