Friday, March 27, 2020

Connection Time (COVID-19 edition)

Happy Friday everyone.  Everything about today feels like Saturday, as have the days before.  We just finished our second week of full on Shelter-in-place and we still have several more weeks left.  It has been great in so many ways, but part of me struggles big time with being home all.the.time.  I have worries and frustrations as do most of you, but I am trying really hard to find all the great things that are happening despite being stuck at home. I really thought that today was a good day to bring back my monthly connection time posts. . . because we all need a moment to connect, social distancing, of course!

My favorite way to connect with others is over a cup of coffee or a delicious meal.  While, we can't even walk into a coffee shop right now, I ordered my favorite local iced latte and drove and picked it up. So, go grab a cup of coffee, sit down at your computer or your phone.  Read through this post and  then you copy and paste the prompts into the comments our your own social media feed (tag me) and answer one or all of them.   Let's get talking!

Outside my window the sun in shining.  We've been taking walks through our neighborhood every day and it's probably been my favorite part of this whole situation.  So many neighbors are walking and playing outside.  Yesterday, the kids and I even drew on our sidewalk to send notes of cheer to our fellow walking neighbors!  I'm also sure that as soon as my oldest finishes his book report, he will be out there taking advantage of the gorgeous day with some basketball. 

I am thinking
about oh, so many things!  My brain has so many things going through it:  What I am going to prep for the kids next week?  What project should I start?  When is this going to be over?  I miss the beach.  I miss people.  See, so many things are running through my head.  I do know that God has got our backs and I think we are going to come out of this better people, better parents, better employees.  But really, I miss my people.

From the kitchen cookies are going to be made after a bit.  Chef Weston will be making chocolate chip cookies because we've been studying fractions.  He's only allowed to use 1/2 and 1/4 measuring cups to which he exclaimed, "You mean, I'm going to have to do math?!!!" Math is always fun when food is involved!

I'm also pretty sure we are going to bake our way through this virus.  So far I've made brownies, carrot cake, bread, and banana bread.  Send help and flour.  ha ha!  Thankfully King Arthur Flour is amping up production due to the increased amount of bakers out there!   

I am wearing
something other than yoga pants!  Last week, I declared that on Fridays I would put on real clothes.  I am way more productive in yoga pants, but every now and then a girl has gotta look cute! Today's outfit consists of holey jeans, a t shirt, and a Roxy pullover sweatshirt.  Perfect for getting out there and playing with my kiddos!

I am creating  absolutely nothing this week.  I am hoping that changes next week because I sure do need to feel like I am accomplishing something. Make sure you are following me (@jolieklassen) on instagram for updates in this area.  

I am going
absolutely nowhere.  All plans including romantic 40th birthday trips have been cancelled until we are given the okay to resume all normal travel activities.  Honestly, this is the part of me that hurts the most.  Adventures give me life and right now that part of me is feeling really squelched right now that sometimes I want to cry.  I know that this is not forever, but it's also super sad.





One thing I am thinking of doing soon is ordering from one of our favorite local eateries and putting out the fine china and having everyone dress up for dinner.  I bought and Easter dress that I probably won't get to wear for Easter and well. . . I really want to wear it.  Plus, my kids need to wear something other than soccer pants.

I am reading On the Bright Side, by Melanie Shankle and The Girl who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.  I am taking advantage of this time by reading through my rather large stack of books.  The kids and I are also reading one of my favorites, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh.  I might even thrown in another Cheney Duvall book in the mix just for fun!

I am hoping that our Summer vacation plans won't have to be cancelled. . . I need something to look forward to! 

I am hearing 
Weston's class meeting on Zoom and Ethan coloring in his book report.  There are also a lot of giggles . . . they are my favorite!

Around the House 
piles of books, schoolwork, and art projects are cluttering our tables.  Ethan has made our dining room table into a make-shift office and well. . . I really don't care.   We are trying to have as much fun as possible despite being stuck at home.

One of my favorite things
this week was overhearing a man and woman talking at Sprouts.  They were standing 6 feet apart and just catching up.  The man was talking about his granddaughter and how she learned how to ride her bike this week.  Her parent's haven't had time to teach her and this week they did.  It made my heart so happy to hear a story of a family taking advantage of this gift of time.  Maybe that's how we should be approaching this quarantine as a time to slow down and come together as a family.

A few plans for the week
continue with school and work on some upcoming blog posts . . . which means I am going to have to get creative.  Awe, shucks!  ha ha!  If you have a hankering to see post on something specific let me know!
 

What I am listening to not much right now.  I am binge watching Chuck on Amazon Prime right now.  I have a list of some podcasts that I need to catch up on.

Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to  


I can't wait to hear from you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...