Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Goodbye summer, hello fall (and more blog posts)!

 Summer 2022.

We rested.

We created.

We adventured.

We watched too much tv and played so many video games.

 My son 100 percented one of his video games and I guess that’s a bid deal and decided to make as many world flags as he could using index cards and alcohol markers.  He also found himself at several swim parties (because teenager!) and served at our church vbs (although they don't call it that anymore!)

The other son built forts, designed and published his own video game on bloxels, and made Link’s house (#iykyk) out of Legos and finished the story mode version of a video game (I really don’t even know what that means . . .ha ha!)

 Both boys made several dinners for us this summer and they were spectacular. Getting them involved in the menu planning and cooking processes was so worth it!  Ethan even tried a few Half Baked Harvest recipes!

We spent a week roaming the streets of San Francisco soaking in all the foggy mornings and cooler temperatures.  We also spent the day at the beach hanging with family. . . It was the best.

 There were many late nights and lots of sleeping in (this might have been the best part. . . I am NOT a morning person!).  We took advantage of $5 Tuesdays at a nearby movie theater and read lots of books. 

There were many days we did absolutely nothing and it was lovely to have nothing on the calendar. 

 I wrote a little and didn’t publish much to the blog.  I am okay with that. I did some sewing. . . but not a whole bunch.


There has been something truly beautiful about stopping the normal business to soak in the slowness of the day.  I stocked up on crafts for the kids and I to do and we’ve hardly touched them. Part of that makes me sad and I won’t lie, there were several hot minutes that included boredom induced crankiness.  But out of that boredom came a really neat stop motion video, some incredible lego creations and 201 Flags representing all the countries.  

 Quiet days and a little bit of boredom resulted in a lot of fun memories!

I can already feel our schedules filling with activity as school has already been in session for over a month!  The man cub started his final year of middle school and just celebrated year 14 and the other closing the door on elementary and has high hopes of ruling the school (ha ha).  It’s bittersweet and exciting all at the same time. 

I also am feeling the tides shifting and I am unsure of what’s next.  Due to sports schedules, I am taking a break from leading a women’s Bible Study and in so many ways, I wonder if God is moving in my heart in a new direction.  I really don’t know what the future holds and it is both exciting to see what God has in store and scary to wonder what’s next.  

 Our summer or rest fueled my soul in so many ways and I’m so thankful for that time to just hang and be with my kids with no real plans.  In fact, now that things are so busy, I miss those slow days.  But looking forward is also exciting.  I’ve got a full season of blog posts planned and instagram happenings and I can’t wait to get started! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to join me over here in this little space both here and on the gram.  I appreciate you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...