Friday, September 16, 2022

Sparks of Joy {and links I'm loving}

 

Happy Friday!  Let’s all take a break and breathe a few deep breaths in and give ourselves a pat on the back.  You survived the week.  You survived a week of doing whatever you do while balancing about a hundred other things.  I don’t know what season of life you are in, but I see you.  You might feel like you’re drowning under the weight of life right now, but oh, sweet friend.  You are loved and cherished. 

It’s been awhile since I’ve done a sparks of joy post, but essentially it is this: a chance for us sit and have a cup of coffee and talk about life and things we’re loving.  I’m actually sitting in a nearby Starbucks typing this while the man cub is at soccer practice (I’m drinking my go-to brown sugar shaken oat milk espresso that I might regret later tonight).  I know it seems kind of one sided, like I’m talking to myself in a blog post, and that’s where you come in. . . Let’s strike up a conversation in the comments below, the comments on facebook or instagram or even in my insta stories.  Let’s chat!  

Speaking of coffee, I am still dreaming of the vanilla bean latte I enjoyed on our recent stop into SLO's Scout coffee.  It was so good.  I even came home and made my own vanilla bean syrup! 

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed sitting and writing on this blog until I sat down and planned out the next few months.  It has been such a joy to be able to do this even though there are like 5 of you that take time out of your busy day to glance at my posts. 

Okay, totally got off topic there.  Ooops.  It happens. 

The kids have officially been in school for 5 weeks.  I blinked and school started and I blinked again and we’re already 5 weeks in.  I pulled out my fall décor last night because the weather finally started to feel like fall (last week it was 115 and I could.NOT.do.it!).  Bring on all the neutral pumpkins. 

Speaking of pumpkins.  I have a confession. It might offend some of you, but pumpkin spice is not my thing. . . UNLESS. . . There is real pumpkin involved.  Like in a pie or pumpkin bread.  But, if you are going to make me a latte, it’s just got to have the squash in it.  One of our local coffee shops makes the BEST pumpkin latte on the planet and I am not exaggerating.  But, way back at the beginning of August, before school started Target, like many of the other retailers in the country, started to bring out all the pumpkin spice EVERYTHING.  Now, as much as I love my BSSOE, I am just as happy to drink a latte with nothing up espresso and oat milk (extra points if its Oatly!).  But, I spotted a carton of Califia Barista Pumpkin Spice Oatmilk that claimed good foam.  Guess what one of the ingredients was.  .  . Yeah, you guessed it. . . Pumpkin.  I tried it out this week, and while the foam was pretty disappointing, the flavor was not bad.  I will definitely make myself another one soon!  

 Over the summer I hosted a Women’s book club with our church ladies and the books we chose were so good (so was the conversation between some pretty great women!)

:: If you are looking for a good chick lit, this one.

:: If you are on the hunt for intriguing historical fiction. . . This one.

:: and if you’re wanting to fall in love with the Bible AND want to laugh, enjoy some sarcasm then this one. 

Currently, I am listening to this audio book while I am driving around.  It is soooo good! I am actually counting down the minutes until I can get in the car and continue listening!  (I will note, that there is some language in it. . . so it might not be suitable for younger ears, but still well worth the time to read or listen to!)

Several weeks ago, I discovered the podcast, Pod meets World and am currently way behind, but and re-watching Boy Meets World and following along with the podcast.  It’s hosted by Topanga, Shawn and Eric and several other cast members join them on occasion.  It is so good!  

 I made theses scones last night.  I really didn’t bake much this summer (it’s too hot!) and it feels so good to bake.  I’ve made these particular ones and they don’t disappoint!  A few tips for your scone making ease: use a food processor, cold COLD butter, and vanilla bean paste.  Also, I subbed half and half for oatmilk and they were just as flakey and wondierful as they would have been. . . NO ONE WILL NOTICE!. 

I ordered some new pens and I’m kind of obsessed!  They are technically Bible journaling pens, but they are perfection and if you are curious, they don't bleed through, which is so great!  And I love writing in my Bible, but the thin pages make it a little iffy.  I'm so happy with these pens! 

This quilt is giving me all the feels and I really am craving some sewing time! 

I am such a fan of a good BLT and I am currently drooling over this sandwich!  

This summer, the combo of peaches, tomatoes and basil was just flat out delicious!  This looks great. . . if I could just find a good dairy free burata (wishful thinking on my part!)

 And that's it for the first week back to the blog!  Once again, thanks so much for joining me here in this little space. . . I appreciate you!  Have a great weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...