Friday, February 06, 2009

A Quick and Easy Valentine Eclair Treat


This week I had some leftover puff pastry to use up and decided to get a bit creative. I rolled out the remaining sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (located in the freezer section of your local grocer) to about 1/8 inch thick. Using a heart cookie cutter, I cut out hearts and placed them on a cookie sheet. I use a silpat, so there was no need for greasing my pan. I baked them for about 10 minutes and let them cool. While they were cooling, I mixed up a small sugar free Jell-o vanilla pudding mix, 1.5 cups of milk, and 4 oz. cream cheese. After the hearts had cooled, I split them in half and put a spoonful of the pudding mixture onto the bottom of the heart. I then, placed the top of the heart on to the mix, making a sandwich. I used a smaller heart cookie cutter, so I did 4 on a dessert plate. To make them look pretty I dusted them with powdered sugar, drizzled with chocolate syrup, and put a smidge of whipped cream (Redi-whip) in the center. It was so easy and Jon really enjoyed the pre-Valentines Day treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...