Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Short weeks & Schedules

I seem to have gotten behind on my blogging. There is so much I need to do and so much I want to do. . . it's a battle each time I sit down to do something. Anyone else have this problem? This week is a short week in my house due to a 3 day weekend and the hubby's normal Friday's off. A nice short week, but so much to do in a short amount of time. A goal of mine is to have all the house work completed before the weekend starts because chances are, it won't get done and I want to have quality family time. . . so it has been kind of me-made rule that I get as much as I can get done during the week (which is a little bit harder now that I have two kids with two different schedules). I also don't like to go out every single day. . . I am a self-proclaimed home body (I also think my kids do better when we aren't so busy). Some weeks, the business is completely unavoidable unless I am intentional about not planning and/or just saying no. (By the way, saying no is really hard for me. . . really hard. It is something I am working hard on and my husband is keeping my VERY accountable).

Here's what a typical week looks like:

Sunday - church, naps, and Life Group
Monday - "weekend recovery day" I call it that because it usually takes me a day to clean up messes from that weekend. This includes the weekend's laundry and sometimes a mess in the kitchen. I also try to clean the laminate flooring during my small window when both kids are asleep.
Tuesday - Kitchen floors and bathrooms, start menu planning
Wednesday - Free Day. . . my goal is to not clean. . . usually my body needs a break.
Thursday/Friday. . . dust, vacuum, laundry, grocery shopping.

Thursday and Friday get lumped together because every other week my husband has Friday off . . .which is so nice. . . a huge blessing (thanks to the Air District helping to save the air).

During the week, I often get to throw in baking, play dates, zoo trips/tot time, library visits, etc.

I am hoping to do some blogging tomorrow during nap time. . . we'll see how it goes. If not, I'll definitely be back into the blog world next week with some projects to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...