Thursday, June 23, 2011

Plum Goodness

mmmm. . . remember that bowl of plums I posted yesterday? hmmm. . . it's been reduced to about half now. The result. . . scrum-didli-umptious! I may have mentioned that we are in the middle of "living out of the cupboards" right now and so going to the store to buy some pie crust was out of the question (it's not a need, like milk), and although I had all the ingredients to make my own pie crust, It VBS week and I am plum pooped! So, I went with an easier alternative. . . double crusted plum crisp (yes, there is that cinnamony, oatmeally, crumbly mixture on the top and bottom! Yes. . . it's good. I promise it's good. I may make this same recipe using other fruits this summer, i think would taste great with peaches, pluots, and apples. hmmmm. . . my mouth is watering.
Double Crusted Plum Crisp

Ingredients:

Crisp:

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Plum Filling:

4 cups thinly sliced plums, pit removed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

:: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 by 8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.

:: To make the crisp, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter and mix until mixture is moist. Press half of the crisp topping into the prepared baking dish.

:: For the plum filling, put the plums, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until plums are well coated.

:: Spread the plums evenly over the bottom layer of the crisp. Sprinkle the remaining crisp over the plums. Gently pat the crisp topping down.

:: Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until the crisp is golden and the fruit is bubbling. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.

* I added some Pampered Chef Cinnamon sprinkles over the top of my crisp and then poured some over the ice cream when I served it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...