Monday, September 12, 2011

Quilted zoology {for baby}


 My best friend just had a baby. . . well 3 months ago (you met Mr. Tanner here).  I finally got his quilt made.  I absolutely fell in love with the fabric.  Most of it comes from Michael Miller's zoology line, but the aqua with grey boxes comes from Sherbet Pips line. I backed it with white chenile and tied with some grey yarn.  Pretty simple.  I loosely followed Lotta Jansdotter's pattern for her play quilt (found in the book Simple sewing for baby).  It is one of my favorite patterns because it's so easy and quick to make.  
 I also made here a lion tag pillow (shown below).  It was a lot of fun.  I found the tutorial here and made a few adjustments.  I had stitched the eyes, nose, and mouth with felt and embroidery floss.  LOVE the way it came out.  I will have to post a close up soon.  You will have to go check out that tutorial, because it is hilarious to read her take on the taggie patent that drives all sewers crazy.
Things are starting to slow down here.  I promise.  After this week is over, I can sit down, put my feet up and read my Food Network magazine while Ethan plays in the pool (because where I live, we will be swimming for at least another month!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...