Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies {a dare}

We are wrapping up a wonderful 4 day weekend with a fun day for the boys and I.  We hung out in our pajamas, painted, and went to the movies, made candy topped brownies, and just had a blast.  Not to mention, it was beautifully overcast and fall-like today.  It really has been wonderful!  
But, now I must get back into the grind of things and it is hard.  I finished a bunch of projects and am getting ready to start another bunch of projects. . . which should be fun.  But, really, my body just is protesting. . . it wants to curl up on the couch and read a good book (there's one waiting for me now!).  The house doesn't need cleaned, right?  The children can manage on their own?  ha ha.  Back to reality, I go.  
 These pictures don't really help.  In fact, I am completely surprised that I haven't blogged about these gems before now.  You see, these beauties came to be as a result of a dare. . . yes, I was dared to make a recipe that was super good!  Plus, it just screamed fall!  Butterscotch and Pumpkin. . . both amazing. . . even more marvelous when bundled together in one cookie.
 I actually might just feel a tad bit guilty for posting these beauties because the dare-er has yet to have any (that I know of).  They really were that good!  I am really glad to know that I froze some of the dough to keep on hand for those moments when you just need some pumpkin.
 I even bundled some up in some hand-stamped fall packaging to give to a friend.  I had to share. . . they were that good!
 
Pumpkin Scotchies
From The Girl who ate Everything

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, slightly softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbs vanilla
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 bag butterscotch chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in oats and morsels.  Batter will be wet.  If you want thicker cookies, chill dough in fridge for 30-60 minutes.
Line cookie sheet with silpat or parchment paper.  Use your cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 7-8 minutes.
Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 2 minutes before moving them.  Cool completely (although they taste delicious warm. . . just don't burn your tongue!)

Also, these are cookies that are best if you just keep them out. . . being stuck in a bag causes them to get soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...