Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Wrap-Up

I may have been secretly looking forward to Teacher Appreciation Week all year long.  I've been trying to do little things here and there for Ethan's teacher and teacher's aid, but the actual week designated for appreciating our child's teacher is a great way to honor them.

Before I was a mom, I was a teacher.  I had the opportunity to have experiences in both the public and private sector of education and I enjoyed both.  I can honestly say that your child's teacher LOVES your child, whether you think so or not.  They put countless hours in and out of the classroom doing things to make your child's learning experience great.  They are unpaid for the most of this.  They are constantly planning, researching, and learning new things.  They are also under so much pressure between school politics and classroom management.  And one of the most amazing things, is often, your child's teacher has their own family and life outside of the classroom (yep. . . they don't LIVE in the classroom).  Yet, I can't tell you how many times, teachers are disrespected and treated unfairly by parents.  Teacher's need parent support.  They need our encouragement and that's why this is something so important to me.

I honestly believe that by encouraging our child's teacher, it makes for a better classroom experience for them.  It helps their teacher be a better teacher.  It doesn't have to cost a lot of money, either.  I did something each day last week, and I spent less than $10 the whole week.  That includes gifts for both the teacher and the teacher's aid.
This was my most expensive gift, that I saved for Friday.  I printed off the tags from here.  All I did was print out the tags and cut out Ethan's hand on some cardstock (ours was some glittery scraps left over from a previous project).
Popcorn.  I popped some popcorn and made muddy buddy popcorn,which took less than 10 minutes and so tasty!  I printed out the tag from here.
Muffins were super easy since I was already making them for my family.  You can go here to print the tags.

These were easy and fun bookmarks to make.   I will post a tutorial soon.  :)

And finally, we started out the week with chocolate!  Ethan's teacher actually had a migraine that day and ate hers for lunch. I printed out the customizable cover from here.  

Has teacher appreciation come and gone at your child's school?  These will make great end of the year gifts.  

Let's honor the teacher's that love on our children and teach them every day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...