Thursday, May 01, 2014

Catching Up & keeping it real

I'm still here.

I'm not sure where the past 2 weeks have gone, but getting back into a routine after a week off is hard work.  I blame it on the heat. . . we are working our way closer to triple digits.  It's how we welcome the month of May.

I realized yesterday that I hadn't made cookies for my husbands lunches. . . he told me not to worry about it because the week was almost over.  Oops!

I made this cake for Jon's Birthday/Easter.  I couldn't remember the recipe for the original white cake part, so I made the one on the original blog post for the frosting.  It was so good!!!!  The white cake was sooo much better than store bought cake mixes.  It was perfectly spongy and moist!  Definitely a keeper for any white cake!


I've also been mopping with my new steam mop.  I may be in love.  Who knew one could love mopping so much!  My house is much cleaner thanks to my new found friend.  

I've been ironing fabric, cutting fabric out, stamping, and scrapbooking.  Let's just say that I am finding lots of ways to stay busy.  

I am also working on VBS food for our church's Vacation Bible School.  I won't lie.  Planning food for over 500 is a bit intimidating.  
Today, I took advantage of cool breeze and walked around one of our local shopping areas with the Littlest little.  We treated ourselves to Jamba Juice and did some shopping.  It was a great day!  I may be hot and sweaty now because when we went to pick up Ethan from school, it was 90 degrees!!!!  Hello May!  Tonight I get to go out to dinner with some fantastic ladies.  I am ready.  Well, I will be once I get out of my yoga pants!

I do have some yummy recipes to share with you. . . so of which were blog posts that I intended to write over the past 10 days.  Yep. . . never happened.  You should see them soon!  I promise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...